• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fire extinguisher POLL

How many of you have a fire extinguisher onboard

• Yes I have one

Votes: 283 73.9%
  • No I do not

Votes: 25 6.5%
  • I plan on getting one soon

Votes: 73 19.1%
  • never,never needed one

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Quick check and the cheapest Halon I could find was $132!!!! Ouch...I used to buy it for work, but that wasn't paid for by me! :)

dougsride

yes two!!

installed a halon on roll cage. had a 64 el camino that caught fire bout 20 years age while adjusting floats on a holley . sprayed with a bicarbonate ext. and while it put out the fire my engine had to have a total time consuming clean up/detail. pay the extra and have one of each.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi Kidde recall is only on 10 LB extinguisher. Not personal / home stuff. Go to Kidde website. Yes all my cars and many in my house. I have burnt my jacket on carb fires, but never pulled a fire extinguisher . Have you? Good luck

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I think this is a time to copy the military and racers, use a remote fire extinguisher system triggered from the cab for engine fires.
Instead of taking the time to get out and run around to the front then open the hood and feed more oxygen to the fire just trigger the system.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Kiddie has sent me 3 so far...one was the BIG one 15" x 7" ??...2 others were the 15" tall skinny ones...

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I think this is a time to copy the military and racers, use a remote fire extinguisher system triggered from the cab for engine fires.
Instead of taking the time to get out and run around to the front then open the hood and feed more oxygen to the fire just trigger the system.

I know,been thinking the same thing.