• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need opinions: I was taken advantage of by a member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
the only thing I am going to say. at least none of the pictures I have seen, show anything trying to be covered up, bondo, denny liner, paint or anything else. if any of that would of been done trying to hide chit, then I would be pissed.;)
it's an old neglected bronco, I have seen a lot worse fixed up nice.
now back to try and figure out whats under the cover for 2020 bronco;D

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I love these threads for the free lessons they provide. Without doing a thing except reading about the transaction I can draw my own conclusions about the participants in the transaction.
The bonus is in the individual comments: much can be learned about people's integrity by how they view and respond in these threads.
Carry on!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I love these threads for the free lessons they provide. Without doing a thing except reading about the transaction I can draw my own conclusions about the participants in the transaction.
The bonus is in the individual comments: much can be learned about people's integrity by how they view and respond in these threads.
Carry on!

don't forget sometimes entertaining;D

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Not necessarily a career bronco person but I've watched these 'quick flip' Broncos come up time and time again.

Not that the number of posts 100% equate to integrity or lack of experience but he knew what he was selling (the seller has over 5000 posts over a long period of time on this site) and you unfortunately didn't know what you were buying (you have less than 300 posts). Sight unseen is rarely, ever going to lead to a good result. It's a coin toss, at best.

This thread should become a sticky so people can learn what to do and not to do.

Last edited:

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
So.......where do I start, I don't know? Wow! Do I dispute all the inaccuracies in ECEB's rants? There are several, but that would give him the opportunity to pour another Jerry can of gas on this thread. Apparently, regardless of what our resolution was going to be, he was already prepared to post his manuscript, but I digress. There are 3 sides to every story, his, mine and the truth. I can live with either the conviction or acquittal from our online self appointed jury. I guess that's life in the virtual world!

But, I will give an example of one of the inaccuracies in the "contract" that ECEB prepared. Yes, I agreed to all the terms he listed. True, I did not switch out the 4 turn box for a 6 turn, I simply did not have time to do the switch. What he didn't tell you is that I GAVE him the 6 turn box, so he has both boxes!! And, if I didn't have time to switch out boxes, I sure didn't have time to install the wiper assembly. Guilty as charged!

The facts are... he inquired about the Bronco, asked for more pictures of the belly and the strikers/posts. I sent him 12 additional pictures, NONE of which were flattering of any those areas. (ECEB chose to only post 9 of the pictures in his thesis). He asked for extra parts, I agreed to include them. He shared these pictures with a shop owner in CT (who I actually sold a '77 Bronco to the shop owner's friend...not mentioned either), and didn't ask for any other pictures.
The deal was done.

Funny thing is, I knew I shouldn't have completed this transaction, and believe me, I wish I didn't...but I did. I should have listened to my gut, and he should have talked more with his buddy and gotten more info. That didn't happen, and here we are.

The situation is unfortunate for both parties. But after his relentless threats and premature continued bashing on here, I feel no other choice than to move on. Lesson learned on both sides.

I'm not here to bash or to manipulate the group, or to have any more dialogue regarding this. I've been on here too long. I love this site and have made a lot of friends on here. I'm sure I have some haters on here too, but such is life. I can and I will live with it. Thank you.

Bogar

Why not give him a refund and then move on? You both have made it public and involved all of us.

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Why not give him a refund and then move on? You both have made it public and involved all of us.

x2 buyer send it back on his dime and Baja refund. You both brought up good points and this transaction was clearly a mistake. Use it as a learning experience.

Plus with threats of attorneys, the only ones winning will be the attorneys. Heck you could probably ship that thing back three times over just for the retainer.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not necessarily a career bronco person but I've watched these 'quick flip' Broncos come up time and time again from the same person / people.

Not that the number of posts 100% equate to integrity or lack of experience but he knew what he was selling (bajafresh75 has over 5000 posts over a long period of time on this site) and you unfortunately didn't know what you were buying (you have less than 300 posts). Sight unseen is rarely, ever going to lead to a good result. It's a coin toss, at best.

This thread should become a sticky so people can learn what to do and not to do.

If it were me, and the seller would agree to refund my money, I would pay to have it shipped it back and consider it a lesson learned and paid for. Jon will most likely get this resolved as he usually does. Do they still sell the Orville popcorn, or can somebody recommend a good popcorn /sarcasm off just kidding trying to lighten the situation a little.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Do they still sell the Orville popcorn, or can somebody recommend a good popcorn /sarcasm off just kidding trying to lighten the situation a little.

I would only recommend that you don't buy it from the boy scouts! oh no wait I bought the chocolate covered pecans and got ripped off, i hear the popcorn is really good ;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have to agree.:-[

I have helped restore eb's that looked far worse. That eb is not a piece of shit.

My personal eb looked worse. All fixed now.

What we have here is a seller that is very accustomed to the eb market. He knows what can or cannot be restored. Clearly this one can be.

What we also have here is a buyer that clearly is not very aware of the eb market. He actually complained that the drivers seat was ripped....he just is ....well....not aware of the state of "fixer-up" eb's.
Anymore it seems they are fully/partially restored or like this one. Not much middle ground anymore.

Hope it all works out. Chris will probably refund him, but no worries, it will sell quick.

skymast

I'll chime in on this point. I looked at a $26K Bronco bajafresh75 was selling a few years ago. Luckily, I went to see it.

Looked good, drove like crap. It was all over the road even at 35mph and definitely undisclosed fluid leaks. He explained to me that I didn't know old Broncos, blah, blah, blah and this was typical. Fair enough.

Told him I would probably take it and would call later that day to confirm. Texted him later that day and told him I was concerned about the drivability and leaks and he went FULL TILT when I called and later in a text rant insulting me because I didn't understand broncos, and that I had committed to buying it and he was planning on buying something else with the money, etc. This all happened in the course of about 3 hours. I didn't even tell him I wasn't going to buy it, just that I was concerned about a few things. After his rant, I walked away.

I also had minor run in with him another time when he wanted me to remove a post related to a bronco he bought for on eBay for ~$5K and was selling for $10K or something like that. Nothing wrong trying to make money but asking me to remove a post with a link to the bronco I think is out of line.

All this said, and I don't mean to be offensive, but you're basically saying that you relied on the community / his involvement in the community and not on personally seeing the vehicle. Everyone that goes to church isn't a good christian.

You, never ever buy a used car without seeing it and if you don't know cars, having it inspected. He's a used car salesmen, He's clever with his posts but the fact is, you bought it without seeing it or having someone else look at it. That's the point of failure here.

Here is the update. The seller would not return my calls until I started this post yesterday. He then called and yelled at me (with profanity) for posting and said he would call me back before 6 pm with some ideas on how we could work things out. I finished the post that I told him I was working on (I appreciate everyone reaching out) and he called me back and yelled at me again (more profanity) and said he would call back before 6 pm.

I waited ten minutes after 6 and then left for my appointment. He called at 6:15 so I pulled over. He said a couple of words and then the call dropped or he hung up. I called him right back and he didn't pick up. I called again and he answered and said he was in the middle of something and would call me back.

He never called back so I texted him at 8:54 (7:54 his time) and he responded with the attached picture. We can see that he said he would communicate with me in the morning via text and he did not communicate anything this morning. However, he is watching this thread (his profile page says he was on at 2:21 and 3:18 pm) so it appears that he would have time to tell me he needs until the end of the day or something but again, no contact. It is clear he is more interested in the thread than responding to me.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/member.php?u=12474

I texted him at 2:34 and he responded 20 minutes later and texted he was in the middle of something else and would contact me in 30-45 minutes.

He has not contacted me per usual although he is still on the site.

I understand that people have had positive experiences with him and that is why I bought from him after several conversations and exchanges of photos. I asked specific questions and for specific photos and they were strategic in that they ommitted the problems. He skipped all of the bad parts and showed only the good parts. I will provide examples and everyone can judge for themselves. Also, of note, I have been contacted privately by 6 members that have had similar issues with disclosure. I notice there are a lot of people here supportive of sharing the story and some others seem frustrated by the idea of a member not disclosing problems with a vehicle. Several people have privately asked if it was this particular seller even though I had not named them because they said they had the same problem with him. I think that

This is not the island queen bronco as some guessed. Again, I did speak to that seller and thought he was a good guy and he didn't think the vehicle was a good fit for me based upon what I was planning on doing. This is the link to the ad for the vehicle:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284773

The seller is BajaFresh75: Chris.

The seller had the vehicle listed for 9500 and I bought it for 9000. I will post a copy of the contract less personal details.

Oh, and he told me that if I shared information on the forum he was going to light me up because I asked him not to put the purchase price on the bill of sale. I had actually asked him not to put any buyer info on the bill of sale and title. I am in CT where only a bill of sale is required. The other states around here require a title and it is real trouble to get one so having one is valuable. So, he can "light me up" over that all he wants, I am stil sharing what happened.

I am going to reiterate that I don't want to be spending time on this and just want to be treated fairly and respectfully.

Last edited:

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I have helped restore eb's that looked far worse. That eb is not a piece of shit.

My personal eb looked worse. All fixed now.

What we have here is a seller that is very accustomed to the eb market. He knows what can or cannot be restored. Clearly this one can be.

What we also have here is a buyer that clearly is not very aware of the eb market. He actually complained that the drivers seat was ripped....he just is ....well....not aware of the state of "fixer-up" eb's.
Anymore it seems they are fully/partially restored or like this one. Not much middle ground anymore.

Hope it all works out. Chris will probably refund him, but no worries, it will sell quick.

I have also bought and restored worse, but in my case the seller described it as a pile of shit, priced it as a pile of shit, and I knew it was a pile of shit. A rotted off body mount should have been disclosed or pictured. I thought the pics of the bottom of the doors was very strange, until I saw the missing pictures of the rest of the doors. The original ad in no way alluded to true condition of this pile of shit, and confirms my belief in never buying a vehicle without laying eyes on it first.

Bradsp8

I'll throw my .02 in hoping things work themselves out.........

To both parties: do the right thing, take the high road.....the view is much better from up there.

Seller: Sucks to be dragged through the mud but it's much better to restore your rep than make a single sale. Work it out so you can take it back and sell to the other buyer you had lined up.

Buyer: Step back, take a deep breath and be level headed. Ship it back on your dime and take the hit financially and walk away lesson learned.

ransil

Bronco Guru
The original ad in no way alluded to true condition of this pile of shit, and confirms my belief in never buying a vehicle without laying eyes on it first.

I agree with this.

seller showed pictures that showed the best parts , full disclosure is showing all the bad parts, including the ripped seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.