• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have the BC Bronco power steps?

Deano

Bronco Guru
The way mine are if you hold down on them they stay down if they hit something when they go down the go back up

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York

Attachments

• 79105-01a-amp-research-override-switch-for-power-steps00.jpg
    79105-01a-amp-research-override-switch-for-power-steps00.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 130

bwnieder

Contributor
As I can see, the wrangler have many options for steps, Broncos do not. I really don't use my bronco during the winter and I got a set of NOS Amp steps for a saving of more than half of what BC bronco gets. I got a set of 1999-2006 Ford Super Duty Super Cab AMP Power Step Running Boards 10-02513-25 for 600.00 on ebay.

Could you please post the link that you used? Thanks.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Could you please post the link that you used? Thanks.

That was a leftover from a dealer, turns out it has the "vintage" control box, a controller that does not support the LED's. Since I need a new controller, I ordered a controller for the led lights and the 4 second delay.

Last edited:

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Bestop products are made in China:-X:-X, and Amp Research in USA ;D;D
I did research the Bestop NX, I just did not think there was a good place to put the magnetic switches. They are a little larger than a deck of cards.

All good info! thx

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought the steps from BC Broncos. I also bought the support brackets from Delconick. I have a four point roll cage that's tied into the frame. It won't be an easy install...but it's going to get done.

I have about 2 weeks to get this done, in time for our vacation trip to Deadwood. I will have all the parts in hand by tomorrow. I may be able to post pics if anyone is interested.

Mikesimp70

I had planned to by these from Driven Auto Parts. I have seen a lot of positive feedback on them.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Driven Auto Part guys seem like very good people, I also know Nick at Northeast Classic Ford Parts -Deconick designed great mounting brackets which are a huge improvement over mounting to the sheet metal back side of the rockers.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The way I read the description of these steps is that they are no help for the otherwise stock LUBR. The fact that they cannot be used with an auxiliary gas tank is a major drawback.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Losing the aux tank was one of the things that held me back the longest so I waited for the 10% off from JBG to help with the cost of the 23 gallon tank.

Not sure understand the other comment about otherwise stock LUBR. Mine's not stock, but it is a LUBR and the steps works great if that helps.

Mikesimp70

No, it does not. Is something that Delconick made to avoid stress on the rocker panel, steps can be installed without it, but I will be using it.

Got it. Thanks. I would like to use these also. Where do I go to get them?