• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Plug & Play Axle Housing!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
R1987%202%20LARGE.gif

Ruffstuff Specialties 1966-1977 Early Ford Bronco 9" axle housing is designed to replace the common stock Ford large roller bearing (big bearing) axle housing that your Early Ford Bronco came with. We have done our best to make this a complete plug and play set up for the Early Ford Bronco enthusiast. You will just simply swap housings and your internal components! The housing will come complete with 1/2" hole big bearing flange cups. Heavy Duty 7-3/4" long anti-wrap spring perches will be fully welded, over sized screw in fill.

R1987%20LARGE.jpg

R1987%204%20LARGE.jpg

Our Early Ford Bronco housing features 3.5"x3/8" wall DOM axle tube for starters! Then we combing the heavy duty center section with an A36 plate steel at 1/4" thick, while using a 3/8" face plate that has been fully machined after welding for excellent stud retention. The seal surface is also for stock or after market third members. The center section is also internally gusseted and reinforced 7 ways to add even more strength. This will keep the axle housing from flexing under load which commonly happens in a stock Ford 9" axle housing when just adding tires.Keep in mind you might want to purchase our thick 5/8 u-bolts an u-bolt plates to accommodate the 3 1/2 axle tube!

R1987%203%20LARGE.jpg

*NOTE* Heavy duty anti-wrap spring perches will be standard installed and welded to the housing in the factory location. Please specify if you need the perches to be adjusted in their placement to compensate for a different pinion angle than the factory set up.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Top shelf stuff! Excellent fabrication and design. Looking forward to installing ours.....

vintagebronco75

Loc.
Hillsboro, Oregon
Great looking housing with lots of reinforcement, hate to cover up the pretty welds.
Still need to find some u-bolts, seals and studs before I can install it, wish it would have come with the housing or given an option to order some from you guys.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Work of art for sure...wish I had one! :)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Still need to truss this even if you don't jump it? I'm on my 3rd F150 style HD housing so just wondering- thanks.

Also, what options do you have for FF,35 spline with slugs for towing instead of trailering...never hurts to ask!? Thanks