• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Bronco Tube Doors

matt w

Bronco Guru
Man the doors came our SWEET. I am in the process of rattle canning them to match the bumpers! I'll post pics when I get "the right color". I did one up to night and will do the other with my second choice Thurs. ;D

Ya know these are WAY beefier than the ones I "store" bought foy my Jeep all those years ago! NICE...even my 15 year old daughter commented on how much more "beefier" these are!..It got me thinking: These would probably hold up pretty well if hit! I think the striker pin would give before the doors would! heh-heh....anyhow SWEET & AWESOME product! The hard doors won't go on till October!..THANKS!

rharrell

Loc.
Benton, LA
Got mine powder coated and mounted on. They look great. Lots of double takes!, not to mention a cool breeze. Thanks for the great doors.

matt w

Bronco Guru
A Big Thank-you!

Thanks again these are SWEET!..can't wait to take the top off to add the cage!;D...So what do you think!??

Attachments

• vtx mirror 1.jpg
    vtx mirror 1.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 541
  • vtx-brn.jpg
    vtx-brn.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 291

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I'd like a set... Please PM me a shipping quote to 94551. If you are no longer making them for lift off hinges then I would like to get them shipped without hinge provisions so I can adapt my own to them. If you'd like I can share some pictures of my own designed lift off hinges to fit the WH stainless style hinge. I think covering these in canvas would be sweet for keeping at least some of the mud and muck out when running doorless.

Thanks
-Tony

matt w

Bronco Guru
I'd like a set... Please PM me a shipping quote to 94551. If you are no longer making them for lift off hinges then I would like to get them shipped without hinge provisions so I can adapt my own to them. If you'd like I can share some pictures of my own designed lift off hinges to fit the WH stainless style hinge. I think covering these in canvas would be sweet for keeping at least some of the mud and muck out when running doorless.

Thanks
-Tony

Mine are "Lift-Off"!

I did not spend the money to do that....you can easily make it so that they come off!
Drilled out the hinges to accept a 5/16's nut and bolt set-up! BADA BING! - BADA BANG!!;D
BUT I keep them bolted on with a nylon lock nut to deter/discourage possible thieves....JMO

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Mine are "Lift-Off"!

I did not spend the money to do that....you can easily make it so that they come off!
Drilled out the hinges to accept a 5/16's nut and bolt set-up! BADA BING! - BADA BANG!!;D
BUT I keep them bolted on with a nylon lock nut to deter/discourage possible thieves....JMO

That's the smart way... but I already have the stainless lift off hinges from WH for my full doors. What can I say, I guess I felt rich when I bought them!

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I just received mine yesterday. I've gotta say they are sweet doors!

This purchase influenced another - I'm buying a welder tonight to fab up my hinge mounts.

Thanks for a great product!

mjmcbride1

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
Great Work!!! I got mine in earlier this week and had them on in less than 15mins or 3 beers....cant remember which came first. Anyway, I dig 'em and have already received numberous compliments from the neighbor folk. Thanks again and super job!!!

matt w

Bronco Guru
any news on the insert doors? I am interested in some for mine

I have seen sevaral people ask about inserts? What are they? If it is a cover to keep the elements out I would think they would be super easy to make out of aluminum.
They could attach with spring clips, just pop rivit the spring clips to the aluminum. You could leave it aluminum or paint it. It and would be easily removable. You could use the diamond plate style or do a swirl finish on the aluminum with a metal brush and drill motor.

I would do it but really don't need it here in Calif. the deserts just don't have too much mud! heh-heh;D ..plus I like sticking my foot on the tubes as I drive!..The skins would get in the way of that treat! heh-heh;D

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I have seen sevaral people ask about inserts? What are they? If it is a cover to keep the elements out I would think they would be super easy to make out of aluminum.
They could attach with spring clips, just pop rivit the spring clips to the aluminum. You could leave it aluminum or paint it. It and would be easily removable. You could use the diamond plate style or do a swirl finish on the aluminum with a metal brush and drill motor.

I would do it but really don't need it here in Calif. the deserts just don't have too much mud! heh-heh;D ..plus I like sticking my foot on the tubes as I drive!..The skins would get in the way of that treat! heh-heh;D

They're referring to fiberglass door inserts, like the ones that came on roadsters. People are waiting for tube doors to fit these inserts. They are the white part in these pictures:

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 210

matt w

Bronco Guru
They're referring to fiberglass door inserts, like the ones that came on roadsters. People are waiting for tube doors to fit these inserts. They are the white part in these pictures:

Oh, ok.
Yep I would not want/need that.
For me, I guess since I don't have inserts I like the design as it stands.
I can see how those with inserts would want tubes doors designed for the look!
I got confused%) and thought people asking for inserts meant covers over the tube portion like in the pics you sent.;D

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I got some inserts, but have not had time to design a set of doors for them. Sorry, hopefully soon.