• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well...in the midst of expanding the tune range on the flathead last night, it suddenly started running sick right in the middle of a high RPM run...fell off...coughed, sputtered and died. Horrified...I look at all the data on the laptop and could see nothing to indicate what has happened. Sick to my stomach...I shut down the shop and spend a nearly sleepless night going over the build details in my head from A-Z.

Finally get back to it a little while ago...with great trepidation. Remove the serp belt and check the supercharger...fine. Give her a brief crank...sounds normal but only a couple pops. Cycle the ignition a couple times while watching the little analog fuel pressure guage...

...she was outa gas.:p

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Well...in the midst of expanding the tune range on the flathead last night, it suddenly started running sick right in the middle of a high RPM run...fell off...coughed, sputtered and died. Horrified...I look at all the data on the laptop and could see nothing to indicate what has happened. Sick to my stomach...I shut down the shop and spend a nearly sleepless night going over the build details in my head from A-Z.

Finally get back to it a little while ago...with great trepidation. Remove the serp belt and check the supercharger...fine. Give her a brief crank...sounds normal but only a couple pops. Cycle the ignition a couple times while watching the little analog fuel pressure guage...

oh hell you had me going:mad:, was thinking cam or worse

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I've been looking for a set of new wheels and tires for a while. Finally found some yesterday. Think I'll start a new trend? ;D

I needed smaller tires for the U-Haul trailer tire straps. Finally decided to tow it myself. A few stories of transport companies antics, along with one offering to buy the Bronco from me, made me think I'll just keep it near me for the trip if I can.

They are Suzuki Sidekick wheels with spacers. It's now a Bronco Kick. %)

Attachments

• Suzuki Wheels.JPG
    Suzuki Wheels.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 55

broncobusted

Just finished my front disk conversion and the old horse is fun to drive again. Im not sure what was going on with the old stuff but i can now do highway speeds with no problem. Before i was nervous over 55 mph. Im very happy now i need to figure out how to make it better from the old master cylinder. But still 100% improvement.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
;D
said in your best "Carl" voice from Slingblade?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL dang the luck... %):cool:

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been looking for a set of new wheels and tires for a while. Finally found some yesterday. Think I'll start a new trend? ;D

I needed smaller tires for the U-Haul trailer tire straps. Finally decided to tow it myself. A few stories of transport companies antics, along with one offering to buy the Bronco from me, made me think I'll just keep it near me for the trip if I can.

They are Suzuki Sidekick wheels with spacers. It's now a Bronco Kick. %)

I hauled mine on a U-Haul trailer and just used my normal tie down straps. I'm running 37" tires. Didn't use the trailers tire straps.

Wellspro

Loc.
Southcentral Alaska
Purchased it yesterday and hauled it home and parked it; 1973 U153 302. It has power steering parchment front and rear seats and a roll bar. 33” tires and a 2 inch lift. Quite excited as this finishes my collection of vehicles I’ve always wanted.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Started working on the Progressive throttle mod. Drilled and tapped the Throttle body for the BC bracket. Got the pulley and parts to put on after I modify the bracket.

Dlish

302 is out. Still have to get the serp dress on the 351, change over bellhousing etc, but great progress

Attachments

• 14F286F3-BCCB-4CB2-BE9D-E981192A9B68.jpg
    14F286F3-BCCB-4CB2-BE9D-E981192A9B68.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 73

darkmagus

Working on rebuilding my 8274. Upgraded the motor to a 9.5xp and getting synthetic rope.

d89956f74621066f8bd70c53156ae53c.jpg

b6d7d6164c7a88da0ab377246e5c3e86.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Working on rebuilding my 8274. Upgraded the motor to a 9.5xp and getting synthetic rope.

Wow! Nice looking gitup there hoss.
And you'll be losing about 30-50 lbs off the front as well. Bonus!

...I also put a glass section in the upper radiator hose so I can keep an eye on the coolant condition a little easier.

Great idea. The Pyrex is strong, but it can shatter pretty easily if something hard hits it. Even something that would not hole a rubber hose.
If it was me (and I might still do this someday!) I would cut a length of radiator hose, slice it down the length and slip it over the clear tube.
Not one large enough to cover the whole thing though. Just enough to protect the lower half, or two thirds of the clear tube.

It's what I always do with my clear fuel filters. Started doing it when they were glass, and just continued after they started using polycarbonate.
And speaking of which... If you ever have to replace it you might try poly. Not sure if it's better or not in this situation. But it's not going to shatter very easily either.

Purchased it yesterday and hauled it home and parked it; 1973 U153 302. It has power steering parchment front and rear seats and a roll bar. 33” tires and a 2 inch lift. Quite excited as this finishes my collection of vehicles I’ve always wanted.

Congrats Wellspro! Nice.
Is it a "Q" truck by any chance? If so, head on over to Viperwolf1's thread about "Mind Your P's and Q's" that's floating around.
The letter would be the 7th digit in the VIN. Such as U15GLQxxxxx or something to that effect.
Now, if it happens to be a "P" instead, post it up for sure because we need some of those!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the '68 at Docs Auto Sound in Chico for finish wiring. A little more wet sanding and buff after Tony is done then install seats and roll cage. Then off to Rivera's Detail for clean up and detail. We should be able to get to WH in April but we won't make it to FFF this year.

TTownEP

Got the fuel tank back in, new fuel filter, new fuel line, got the gauge cluster apart for general cleaning and fuel gauge replacement, got the tailgate handle and tire carrier out for reconditioning, and bolted the liftgate struts in for the first time after repairing the bed stakes.
e4593a509187d074d693a142fc1cb00d.jpg