• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Broncos in the Weeds

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I bet some one yelled out "ha you can't park there". Thankfully those are not my Bronco. But they are just some pics I have saved from on here, from the past. Sorry it it was anyone on here and I am bringing up a bad memory.

chuddy

Here's another one, not really an "in the weeds" find, but interesting nonetheless. Sitting in South Dakota, was used as a farm vehicle all it's life.

ZuycH34.jpg

7fAGs3I.jpeg

lha5v02.png

The widow still drives it once in awhile, hauling hay.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Here's another one, not really an "in the weeds" find, but interesting nonetheless. Sitting in South Dakota, was used as a farm vehicle all it's life.

ZuycH34.jpg

7fAGs3I.jpeg

lha5v02.png

The widow still drives it once in awhile, hauling hay.
What's the color code on this one? Thanks.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Great question, I never did grab the VIN plate data. Does it look like an oddball color?
Yes it does and paint looks original from what I can see in the pics. Unless it was painted long long ago, looking at the arm wear on the driver door.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Originally saw this one for the first time several years ago. It was under a tree in a out of the way place of a local wrecking yard. Over the years when I would go back to the neighboring business I would be reminded of it. Finally this fall I called the wrecking yard about it. They forgot they even had it!! Apparently it had been there for over 20 years. They gave me a price, I told I would come check it out. After crawling over dozens of vehicles I finally got a close up view. While over all disappointing I could see a few parts I needed for another EB plus it has a good frame. Finalized the deal, which they asked for a couple weeks to dig it out, which I was good with. My neighbor had that junker trailer they had been trying to give away which turns out perfect for moving it around if needed then hauling off when the time comes.

While it's bad most of the damage was from the wrecking yard. Roof from the tree it was under. Most the body damage from the loader drivers through the years moving it around.
IMG_20231213_151847660.jpg IMG_20231213_151805495_HDR.jpg

chuddy

So here's an interesting story, I bought these Broncos out of Spring City, Tennessee a few years ago:

V8witHd.jpeg

I had worked with this particular transporter in the past with good success. His 17-year old son was in charge of dispatching and billing, while the father ran the actual truck. We were in the process of setting up the pickup date/time, when I received a call from his kid. He said his dad wanted to pick the Bronco's up ASAP, and was wondering if I could help him straighten the bumper of his truck when he dropped them off. I said no problem, and the next day, his dad showed up and grabbed the Bronco's. 4 days passed, and I heard nothing about when they would be dropped off. I reached out to his kid, who said I need to look at the news and that something terrible happened. I googled his name, and it turns out the guy killed 2 people:

He literally killed those people in his hotshot truck, then headed to Spring City to grab the Broncos for me. The feds tracked him down via his cell phone and arrested him in Kentucky, on his way to my place. And of course, being it was a murder investigation, his trailer and my Bronco's were impounded! The detective in charge was very nice, but indicated it could be months before I would get my property back. He was able to get the Bronco's inspected and I think it only took 2 months to get them released, but then of course I had to arrange ANOTHER hotshot to pick them up from the police impound lot.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
So here's an interesting story, I bought these Broncos out of Spring City, Tennessee a few years ago:

V8witHd.jpeg

I had worked with this particular transporter in the past with good success. His 17-year old son was in charge of dispatching and billing, while the father ran the actual truck. We were in the process of setting up the pickup date/time, when I received a call from his kid. He said his dad wanted to pick the Bronco's up ASAP, and was wondering if I could help him straighten the bumper of his truck when he dropped them off. I said no problem, and the next day, his dad showed up and grabbed the Bronco's. 4 days passed, and I heard nothing about when they would be dropped off. I reached out to his kid, who said I need to look at the news and that something terrible happened. I googled his name, and it turns out the guy killed 2 people:

[/URL]

He literally killed those people in his hotshot truck, then headed to Spring City to grab the Broncos for me. The feds tracked him down via his cell phone and arrested him in Kentucky, on his way to my place. And of course, being it was a murder investigation, his trailer and my Bronco's were impounded! The detective in charge was very nice, but indicated it could be months before I would get my property back. He was able to get the Bronco's inspected and I think it only took 2 months to get them released, but then of course I had to arrange ANOTHER hotshot to pick them up from the police impound lot.
What was his motive reckon? Road rage?