• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'71 Sport interior

v8s-r-us

Looking to get my '71 Sport back to stock specs. Originally, Sports came with the Parchment interior. Does anyone know if the Houndstooth upholstery was an option for Sports back then? If yes, then that's what I'm gonna do. If not, then I'll go Parchment all the way. Thoughts? I can't get a straight answer from anyone on fb.

bronco-seat-upholstery

Thanks in advance- PJ

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
houndstooth was only available in the Rangers which started for the 73 model

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Parchment for your '71 sport. Like Sufer said on the Rangers and in '72 I believe the Explorer had houndstooth.

slim811

Contributor
HI PJ, I did read your post on FB Not sure why your pics aren’t posting.
0360c32b502b1d6d890de6287dc4e14c.jpg
d0cad83ee7b45464aa5ed9cddaa1b97a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, the '72 Explorers had the nice cloth option, but that's only one year off of your '71, so who knows!
If trying to stay with the original plan, then guessing parchment is the way to go. But if there is a little leeway in your mind-set, go with the style you like and make it yours.
I hunted for cloth seats for a long time for my '71 and that's what I swapped in when a buddy's old '72 Explorer turned up in an ad for parting out a wrecked Bronco. Got all the old chrome and seats and was happy as heck.

Hey, yours is an upscale Sport after all! Right? Go upscale if you feel it.
I happen to like the parchment just as much nowadays, but back when these were still being sold, I was all about getting whatever cool option the cool kids had for mine.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
V

v8s-r-us

You are absolutely right, Dirt Donk. I'll go for the houndstooth, for the upscale Sport.;D