• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New owner from Germany

tody

Hello all, I'd like to introduce myself as a new owner all the way from Cologne, Germany.

I'm very familiar with Fords of the late 60s / early 70s. My current collection consists of a 65 Mustang Convertible 6 Cylinder, a 72 Mercury Comet 347 Stroker and a 67 Falcon Club Wagon currently undergoing total restoration. The Comet also went through a full restoration, the Mustang is in fairly original condition. I'm working on the cars myself, although I have to rely on others when it comes to paint and body work as well as high end engine stuff. But I'm not afraid of rebuilding steering boxes or setting up differentials and the likes.

Ever since seeing an early Bronco at the Seattle swap meet while on vacation nearly 10 years ago, the wife always wanted to own one. So as a 70 model popped up on german eBay, I went for it. Happy wife, happy life.
Funny enough I learned for the first time that on items with a reserve price you will not only outbid the highest bidder but automatically jump to the reserve price when bidding higher than that. So I got the bronco for 17k€.
Considering the condition - pretty dented with a sloppy repaint - I still consider this a pretty good deal. 302, 3 speed, power steering. Seems to be pretty complete.

So I'll finish this off with a pic of my new rig. Will be picking this up on a 1100km round trip on saturday!

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome, welcome Today, So Great to have you on board with us.

Congrats on that nice looking ride!!

Sure would like to see more pics of that collection :)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to THE Bronco site. Nice looking Bronco you have.

OP
OP
T

tody

Sure, here's some pics of the other cars:

wheels_1.jpg

DSC7913.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

Last edited:

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to the obsession!!!!

I'm in Germany usually once or twice a year. (Munich and Berlin) I would be happy to carry small parts with me and mail locally if that helps ( no engine blocks or frames please :) )

Next trip in October.

Hank

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
very nice! LOVE the Falcon van, was my first car as a matter of fact.....welcome home!

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Welcome aboard! You found the best Early Bronco website around. lots of knowledge and helpful people.
Nice stable of cars too! :)

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Welcome aboard! Very nice line up , glad you finally got a Bronco too!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Very nice
Welcome aboard Sir.
Very cool to have a German eb owner with us. I will enjoy watching your builds.
Franko here on CB is Austrian, he will chime in soon if he hasn't already.

Love the Comet.
Can't wait to see the Falcon Wagon.

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Welcome...great looking bronco. My 71 got me hooked on the madness. This 64 Chevy g10 is the latest in my collection

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 90

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome and congrats on what looks like a very nice Bronco. Be sure to keep us up to date on your restoration progress.