• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Bronco Macho" - anyone have one?

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Cool info. I'm sure there is one out there. More than likely the owner doesn't know what they have if the tire cover isn't still intact...

FJB

He also told me they did an F100 for Ford. Next time I see him I'll have to get some more information.

slim811

Contributor
"Bronco Macho"

Wanted to bump this thread just to keep out of archives. ;D

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
So we should see an update on 5-7-ish 14?

Be sure to ask Roger if he knows of any survivors!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So I was at a local car show this weekend and started talking to a fellow with a nice older Toyota Land Cruiser. He told me years ago he had a stock Bronco and a race Bronco. I told him about this article and he said. “That’s me. I’m Roger Darrington”. He said their shop was the only one in the area and they partnered with Ford to help promote the Bronco. He told me car transports starting showing up one day and 110 Bronco’s were delivered. They had a semi load of wheels and guys would do nothing but mount tires all day. He said he personally cut every one of those fenders. As the article says they had a special showing. He didn’t say where they were all shipped to, but he did say they created a backorder situation for the Bronco after they got done. He told me he had the magazine article, but no other pictures. I didn’t want to ask him too many questions, but now that I know what car shows he goes to I am sure I will see him again.

Totally missed this one.. That's a great story for sure... You are part of history now

Sniper

Contributor
Loc.
Omaha Nebraska
my dad had a 76 with those wheels on it. maybe the same flares. think it had a stock bumper though. came with a ton of options when it was bought new. he lived and we still live in omaha. unknown if it was one of these broncos. it was wrecked sometime around the late 80's and sold. he still wants to track it down.

not trying to get anyones hopes up a ton or anything. but there is a slight chance. i will have to look for the buried records.

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
UPDATE-

I had a customer visit our factory in Olathe, KS this week and we started talking about Broncos. He told me that he once owned a 4x4 store in Nebraska and did a bunch of EB kits known as "Macho Bronco". I did a quick search on CB and found this thread. His name is Larry Hopkins and he is the second person mentioned in the article. He did not even know that this article was ever written. Small world.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
UPDATE-

I had a customer visit our factory in Olathe, KS this week and we started talking about Broncos. He told me that he once owned a 4x4 store in Nebraska and did a bunch of EB kits known as "Macho Bronco". I did a quick search on CB and found this thread. His name is Larry Hopkins and he is the second person mentioned in the article. He did not even know that this article was ever written. Small world.

Nice brother. Bet that was a cool conversation.

FJB

Good story on finding the other partner. I didn't see Roger at all this summer. I know he had some back problems. Hope everything is ok with him. Might have to do some recon and try to track him down again.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here are the pics.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• Macho1.jpg
    Macho1.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 123