• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

* Jersey Shore Build* aka Jersey Jalopy Updated-FIRST RIDE

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Although we had 32in of snow, I still got my packages on time;D. I have the rest of the week off, now I know what I'll be doing.:cool:

Attachments

• IMGparts4.jpg
    IMGparts4.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMGparts3.jpg
    IMGparts3.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 139
  • IMGparts2.jpg
    IMGparts2.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMGparts.jpg
    IMGparts.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 142

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Spend a little money there Belmar. Nothing is better than shiny new parts. Check out pictures of my bronco, in Bronco Chat, title: Vintage t-shirt.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Rob,

I see that Santa has been good to you! ;D Hopefully the assembly will go smooth for you! Plan on working on my truck as well tomorrow. Stuck straightening up the garage tonight so that tomorrow will go well! :cool:

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Thanks to Steve83, I was able to "build" what I want my truck to look like. I've had to walk away from the bronco for the last few days because everything has been a hassle, brake lines not fitting onto the master cylinder or proportioning valve, accidentally broke the check valve on brake booster (no parts store carries the size I need), bolts need to be grinded down to allow rear disks to work:p. This drawing will give me motivation.

Attachments

• Exported Image2.gif
    Exported Image2.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Thanks to Steve83, I was able to "build" what I want my truck to look like. I've had to walk away from the bronco for the last few days because everything has been a hassle, brake lines not fitting onto the master cylinder or proportioning valve, accidentally broke the check valve on brake booster (no parts store carries the size I need), bolts need to be grinded down to allow rear disks to work:p. This drawing will give me motivation.

Got lazy with the springs I see!! Stuff not fitting is the theme for my build also. It was hell. Im glad Im in the final stretch now. Supposedly another snow storm this weekend and I will be rollin in it ;D

OX1

Bronco Guru
I've had to walk away from the bronco for the last few days because everything has been a hassle,

Any time you want to stop by to make yourself feel better (by witnessing my disaster), come on by.........:p

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Got lazy with the springs I see!! Stuff not fitting is the theme for my build also. It was hell. Im glad Im in the final stretch now. Supposedly another snow storm this weekend and I will be rollin in it ;D

Don't worry, I'm still adding touch-ups(hood scoop, bumpers, SPRINGS). This can get addicting.

Attachments

• Exported Image3.gif
    Exported Image3.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I got a better idea. Get away from the computer and go into the garage and add the touchups there ;D Then we can go wheelin

When I get home that is exactly what I'm going to do. Some of us have to work around here and not go for joy rides%).......yes I'm jealous.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ahh, no worries! You'll get it done im sure! Besides what ever fits like it is supposed to? ;D

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Nice job Rob, I will have to pick your brain soon on the fiberglass stuff like the steering column and the wiring as I will be doing the same things to my "virgin" fiberglass tub soon too.

Jason

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Nice job Rob, I will have to pick your brain soon on the fiberglass stuff like the steering column and the wiring as I will be doing the same things to my "virgin" fiberglass tub soon too.

Jason

Any time. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the steering column. If i get an ididit column I will probably try to figure out some way to have the column attach to the dash instead of the bracket that it normally attaches to.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Hey Rob, how is it going with your build? Guessing that you have been in a bit of a holding pattern like myself. :( Personally, got more stuff done on mine tonight. Hopefully this passenger side cowl modification will be done in the next day or so and I thought it would take just a couple of days! %)

Anyway, I saw the photoshop pic of how you want your bronco to look. You gonna go two tone with the paint when you get to that point? Think that it will look pretty good and definitely set it apart from most other broncos!

Still gotta get together one of these weekends.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Rob, are you using a steel or fiberglass dash? I am going to have a firewall plate made (got the info from Nyles) for added support. Let me know.

Jason

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Hey Rob, how is it going with your build? Guessing that you have been in a bit of a holding pattern like myself. :( Personally, got more stuff done on mine tonight. Hopefully this passenger side cowl modification will be done in the next day or so and I thought it would take just a couple of days! %)

Anyway, I saw the photoshop pic of how you want your bronco to look. You gonna go two tone with the paint when you get to that point? Think that it will look pretty good and definitely set it apart from most other broncos!

Still gotta get together one of these weekends.

Ya just doing touch ups. I'm in a holding pattern until I can save up a couple more $ for the third member. After that I should be able to get a lot done and more pictures to add.

I want to do a two tone with meaning. My son's favorite color is green, I wanted a gray bronco, and my daughter's favorite color is orange. That is how I came up with the color scheme and I do want it to be different from others.

OP
OP
ryoungbronco

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Rob, are you using a steel or fiberglass dash? I am going to have a firewall plate made (got the info from Nyles) for added support. Let me know.

Jason

I'm going to use the original dash. I have the old bracket that was on the metal body but nothing is lining up. If you have any pics from Nyles that would be awesome. Setting up the steering column has been one of my biggest concerns and that's why I haven't touched it yet.