• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Opinion on belt trim

Belt trim or no belt trim?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mikesimp70

Its time to make another critical decision and I need help on this one.

Below is a picture of the target look I was going for as well as a picture of where I am now. Still need to install the hubcaps and the classic chrome mirrors.

I own all the beltline trim but as we built her we left the option to install it or leave it off. I am torn now on which way to go.

Please give me your opinion and why.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0084.JPG
    IMG_0084.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 131

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
Well it’s going to look great either way but I’ve always been a fan of the trim. I think it would really set it off.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I like the trim when its new and the truck is one of the metallic poly colors. The trim fades fast and then looks cruddy. If they made it from stainless it would fair much better. When I repainted my Bronco to a solid brite color I left it off and I liked it much better. If I was to do the trim again I would have it powder coated. That way I think it would hold up much better and I could polish the paint on it and keep it better looking for longer.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I just think the trim helps the body lines, if I were to go no trim I would definitely pinstripe the same Line

No Hay

Bronco Guru
With trim looks much better to me. All the trim or none.

Also, as the black paint fades away, I don't think it looks so good. Someone on here years ago posted a pic of his paint removed, so I did the same. Looks a little cleaner I think.

Attachments

• ss hinge.jpg
    ss hinge.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Mikesimp70

Mikesimp70

Thanks all! I think I leave the trim off for now. I really like the pinstripe idea! Argent to match the grill? If I decide to add the trim later it would cover the pinstripe.

Hotrodjohn

If you put it on now you've got a lot of holes to drill, then there's no going back without repaint. It looks really good as is, even without wheel covers.

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Painted pinstripe woul look great and hold up well, especially in the Arizona sun and heat. Vinyl will discolor moreso if white

77Bronco636

I like the trim, especially on white, need something to help make the body lines pop!! Truck looks great with out it though.......I would have a hard time drilling all them holes after all the work put into her!!! Nice build!!!!!!