• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1973 color

Jonathan

Loc.
Denver
Hello,

I am Jonathan out of NC. Last week I finally decided on my first Bronco! Now I am obsessed with it. I purchased a 1973 Explorer model that is orange and black. I am trying to find out if the two tone paint is original. The orange is for sure but i am not sure about the black. Did Ford make a two tone bronco? Also, is their another way to get a build sheet? I called Ford but they sent me to Martiauto.com and for $150 they will send a build sheet WOW!

Hotrodjohn

Look at the paint code on the vin tag in glovebox. Explorers had two horizontal stripes on side and stripes on hood as well as some interior differences. I think there may be some non striped ones too. Get the Marti Deluxe report, they are 46 dollars.