• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor pans to frame off - My cost so far

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd hate to admit what I have in mine and I've never touched the body...

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
The old saying is that it it is cheaper to buy them done then to do it yourself...

But where is the satisfaction in that?

Besides, you get to add a number of tools to your collection. Plus all those take-off parts.

Paint and body is a budget killer, followed by all the small items that add up...

Some people think its crazy to spend all that money to fix up your ride . But for me I injoy the satisfaction of working on something money aside.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You can pay a psychologist to keep you sane through out the troubles in life or you can get a Bronco. When you done there is much more satisfaction in owning a Bronco. Plus when you think your actually done with the Psychologist are you truly cured of your problems?

If you own a project Bronco your not chasing tail, excessively drinking, smoking, doing drugs or other bad habits. You just can't afford to do everything. You have to go to work everyday and you get to get out of doing chores.

You get that giddy feeling when you buy new tools and you get that Christmas feeling while you wait for the parts to arrive. The Ups Driver is your new best friend. What more can you ask for? Just don't forget your wife's name and call her Melissa or Suzanne.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I would not spend the time doing it, I would spend it working on the Bronco. lol

You think one is bad, you ought to try and own/work/wheel on 2 EB's. And have a 3rd EB project on deck...

Means to an end.

I know all about having more than one project, I own a 70 sport, have a 75 F250 waiting for a resto, and just bought a 02 F150 that I have been working on too, so that equals 3 projects.;D

boonz28

Contributor
The way i look at it a brand new 1/2 ton truck is going to set you back what, 40-50k+? I haven't priced them in a few years but the last time I did I was shocked at what a bare-bones 1/2 ton costs these days.

If you take that same budget and put it into a bronco you're going to have a really nice ride that will hold its value better than that brand new truck.
Granted you don't have the same comforts, towing capacity, bed space, or warranty that a new truck has but there's something about building your daily driver with your own two hands that is incredibly satisfying.

That's my justification at least

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
The way i look at it a brand new 1/2 ton truck is going to set you back what, 40-50k+? I haven't priced them in a few years but the last time I did I was shocked at what a bare-bones 1/2 ton costs these days.

If you take that same budget and put it into a bronco you're going to have a really nice ride that will hold its value better than that brand new truck.
Granted you don't have the same comforts, towing capacity, bed space, or warranty that a new truck has but there's something about building your daily driver with your own two hands that is incredibly satisfying.

That's my justification at least

couldn't agree more, well said

OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
I have no reservations about what I have spent and would do it again. I just wish I had not dragged my feet when I first started. I would love to be driving it.

Will