• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Black Friday Sales Wild Horses?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So I live on the east coast and shipping can be pretty high on some of the larger items from bronco vendors. Any idea of deals that Wild Horses and the other vendors may do on Black Friday? I really want a new 3.5" suspension kit and a new Rampage top for my 67 bronco, but shipping both items is going to suck so if there will be a hefty discount it may be time to pull the trigger! May also want a new console and some weather stripping. Any in put?

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I live on the east coast and shipping can be pretty high on some of the larger items from bronco vendors. Any idea of deals that Wild Horses and the other vendors may do on Black Friday? I really want a new 3.5" suspension kit and a new Rampage top for my 67 bronco, but shipping both items is going to suck so if there will be a hefty discount it may be time to pull the trigger! May also want a new console and some weather stripping. Any in put?

rampage shipping is free I think.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru

Try calling them. They may give you a break on shipping. I have heard they have done that in the past. Or try summit racing free shipping orders over $99.00

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey epbro, thanks for checking.
Normally we don't know exactly what is going on sale until almost the last day. Sometimes Jim will come on here and let everyone know a few days to a week in advance, but not always.
So like was suggested, if you're looking for some stuff from us, and especially if you have specific needs, best to give a quick call and talk to someone about it.
For parts prices they will ask Jim if he's got any previews to put out for you, and on shipping prices they can work with you directly to see what can work.

In fact, for shipping I'd say call every time. I hate to put customers through extra hoops, but I don't completely trust the website yet. It's pretty easy to use of course, but it's also too often wrong on shipping. And it does not seem (or didn't used to anyway) to take USPS prices into account as well.
While the UPS pricing is fairly consistent and accurate in general, USPS and truck shipments can benefit from a phone call.
Yeah, I know. Kind of defeats the purpose of using a website it seems. But not really. I like to think that we still have time to talk to each other now and then to clear things up.
But I'm just an old dinosaur that, while liking the whole internet purchase thing, still prefers to talk ordering on the phone to a human.

Good luck. But give a call and let them know your concerns and needs.

Thanks again.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Like the man said, Definitely worth a call anytime...

Quickest way for response too

Normally we don't know exactly what is going on sale until almost the last day. Sometimes Jim will come on here and let everyone know a few days to a week in advance, but not always.
So like was suggested, if you're looking for some stuff from us, and especially if you have specific needs, best to give a quick call and talk to someone about it.
For parts prices they will ask Jim if he's got any previews to put out for you, and on shipping prices they can work with you directly to see what can work.

In fact, for shipping I'd say call every time. I hate to put customers through extra hoops, but I don't completely trust the website yet. It's pretty easy to use of course, but it's also too often wrong on shipping. And it does not seem (or didn't used to anyway) to take USPS prices into account as well.
While the UPS pricing is fairly consistent and accurate in general, USPS and truck shipments can benefit from a phone call.
Yeah, I know. Kind of defeats the purpose of using a website it seems. But not really. I like to think that we still have time to talk to each other now and then to clear things up.
But I'm just an old dinosaur that, while liking the whole internet purchase thing, still prefers to talk ordering on the phone to a human.

Thanks again.

Paul

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the info dirtdonk. Glad there is still a human you can talk to . For now LOL.,,

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Hoping for some steering wheel and retro stereo deals. Like Paul said call or email in your order. Shipping is half or less what the website says it is

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Hoping for some steering wheel and retro stereo deals. Like Paul said call or email in your order. Shipping is half or less what the website says it is

Haha. Was not happy with a recent online shipping quote from Tom's. Called in the order over the phone, and the shipping cost literally DOUBLED.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I got my order in with WildHorses. Those guys are top notch. Quality products, good prices, and great customer service. And to me good customer service is worth a few bucks more. If you are getting heavy items and live on the right coast give them a call.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks ep!

Just watch out we don't put in some of that left-coast vibe and you find yourself a Bronco drivin' earthquake lovin' palm tree hugger!;D

Paul

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Thanks all for the reminder, I've been comparing between Toms and CJP throughout the morning for complete tail light and front turn assemblies, almost forgot about WH!!

But i'll be darned if the cart totals don't add up QUICK!!

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Paul,

You put it perfectly!! We fight the same constant battle with shipping and our site!! People have gotten so used to megalamarts with multimillion dollar sites and free or flat rate shipping that they expect similar from their Bronco houses (thinking we are all much bigger than we are!) Sadly, I know people have gotten out of the personal touch and picking up the phone but really there is no substitute for a shipper or experienced salesperson to look at the combination of parts you are looking at and determining the best way to package it for cost and safe arrival.

I know it sucks, we need you to talk to a person on the phone. %) I constantly remind the 21 year old in the office that is part of his job ;) not just processing paper, but to look at the parts and make sure the customer really meant to order 2 of something that comes in a pair or that two parts will not work together or on his application. We really do want our customers to be happy. I think that goes for 'almost' all of the Bronco houses ;D

Suzy Duff

Thanks again.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Suzy! Good to hear from you.
I know you take the phone and customer service seriously as well. Gotta' keep the human touch.

Just like joining in on the Bronco events whenever possible. Puts a face to the voice and lets both sides ask and answer questions. Not as easy finding the time as it used to be, but a good thing to try to keep up with anyway. Talking to customers on the phone or in person (or on the internet) is still the fun part of business.
And it sure beats being in an office sometimes!

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Paul,

I know it sucks, we need you to talk to a person on the phone. %) I constantly remind the 21 year old in the office that is part of his job ;) not just processing paper, but to look at the parts and make sure the customer really meant to order 2 of something that comes in a pair or that two parts will not work together or on his application. We really do want our customers to be happy. I think that goes for 'almost' all of the Bronco houses ;D

Suzy Duff

Yes mam. And usually the quickest route when you "make a call" Can feel y'all's pain. We Appreciate all that each of the Vendors do for this community.