• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Battery For Bronco

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I need a new battery mine is shot. There was thread on here for best battery for bronco. I think it was an O'reilly battery. Not good at searching on here.
Thanks

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Batteries are batteries for me. I buy the Duralast. Plus, when not in long use, I hook it up to my "battery tender".

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I really love my AGM battery. If you buy an Orielly's AGM it is a Deka battery under Orielly's name. Price is around $160, but the AGM is worth it.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Try using Google to search instead. Something like "ClassicBroncos Battery". Works better than the search here.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Try using Google to search instead. Something like "ClassicBroncos Battery". Works better than the search here.

Agreed but fwiw to the original post, I prefer Motorcraft bought from the local dealership. I get excellent use out of them and age. I had one fail on my F250 and the warranty swap out was a piece of cake, one was bad the other was not and they replaced them both regardless for my dual system.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Get a Deka Intimidator or any battery made by Deka which would be either a Sears AGM or an O'Reilly AGM. The Sears and O'Reilly don't have a Deka label so don't go to either store and ask for their Deka battery. You can get a Deka labelled battery at this place:

http://advancebattery.net

OP
OP
69broncofun

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I really love my AGM battery. If you buy an Orielly's AGM it is a Deka battery under Orielly's name. Price is around $160, but the AGM is worth it.
They went up to $190

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I have to say I love my Interstate batteries, I'm running duals, but I have no plans to race it or get crazy on the rocks so I stayed with the ol tried and true lead acid battery. Some day I want to build a trail rig then will probly do a AGM or Optima. ;D:cool:;)

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
Several years ago I got an Interstate from Costco that is 850 CCA/1000 CA in a Group 65 size. Its been a great battery for overall use including winching. Item number 850259 and it is currently $92.99.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Several years ago I got an Interstate from Costco that is 850 CCA/1000 CA in a Group 65 size. Its been a great battery for overall use including winching. Item number 850259 and it is currently $92.99.

My pappy sold these for yrs at his garage.Now they are made by the same company that makes Walmart batteries.

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Yea....Johnson Controls went on a buying spree a few years ago....they bought or supply damn near everybody.

Lack of competition is not good for us but JC does have some great names in its stable.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Yea....Johnson Controls went on a buying spree a few years ago....they bought or supply damn near everybody.

Lack of competition is not good for us but JC does have some great names in its stable.

...and once you eliminate the competition you can cut down on the quality and increase the price, what can the customers do about it?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
...and once you eliminate the competition you can cut down on the quality and increase the price, what can the customers do about it?

Here ya go.

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-11-07-09-40-37-1.jpg
    Capture+_2017-11-07-09-40-37-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 71

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm running duals, but I have no plans to race it or get crazy on the rocks so I stayed with the ol tried and true lead acid battery. Some day I want to build a trail rig then will probly do a AGM or Optima. ;D:cool:;)

Wasn't the trail or rocks that laid my battery low. Was a long freeway haul while the alternator was overcharging the regular battery. Battery acid all over my semi-pristine engine compartment.
All AGM's for me after that trip.

Paul