• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Bronco Tube Doors

Repin5

Thanks matt w, I think that is the solution i have been waiting for. I have the plate designed and cut but have not mounted it yet because i havnt had the perfect solution. I think seastrom is the solution. I will look into it.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Thanks matt w, I think that is the solution i have been waiting for. I have the plate designed and cut but have not mounted it yet because i havnt had the perfect solution. I think seastrom is the solution. I will look into it.

ALSO..you "might" consider having them plastic coated". That way the clops will not mar the finish on some doors that might have nice paint or powder coating.

You can always try heavy duty material & velcro!

Ya know I found that they make "bungee cords" in flat form that are 2 inches wide!

I bought some of it at Walmart AND the stuff they sell at Wallmart has an tensioning piece encorporated in the strap! Here is what i found: http://www.amazon.com/CargoLoc-32399-Stretch-Assortment-4-Piece/dp/B001V7RJ96/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_c

You could experiment with the flat bungee material to wrap around the tubes...YOUR ON TO SOMETHING!:cool:cool:cool:

good Luck & keep me posted on your design!;D

Repin5

the bungee cords seem more sloppy than the seastrom clips to me. how would you make it secure enough to handle the plush ride of our Broncos?;D

matt w

Bronco Guru
the bungee cords seem more sloppy than the seastrom clips to me. how would you make it secure enough to handle the plush ride of our Broncos?;D

Well, I have a mountain bike that uses velcro & rubber to attach a switch to the handle bar..pretty cool design that goes on and comes off easy and does not scratch a painted or metal surface.

Personally i too like the spring clip idea ...although material would allow for the door skins to stack nicer if one wanted to take them off for trail rides.

Decisions, decisions decisions!;D

naneumranch

Can you weld a small triangular tab on each corner for a snap on canvas cover. Can you please post the latch mechinism and how it works. shipping 98926

thank
Brian

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I can weld a tab no problem just tell me exactly what you want. O PMed you with shipping quote.

The latch is just a L-shaped metal lever with a captive angle welded to the door. You close the door and manually lower the lever over the existing door striker. Opposite to open the door.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 102
  • TubeDoor11.JPG
    TubeDoor11.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 109

matt w

Bronco Guru

Did you ever make covers for these AWESOME TUBE DOORS!??;D