• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question for you guys..........

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
Has any of you sold a Bronco to someone across the country? How did you handle the payment? Not sure I want to give any of my bank acct. numbers out over the internet. Not saying the guy is in anyway a crook, in fact seems to be a very nice guy. Just want to be safe with the kind of money we will be talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have had certified checks overnighted to me. If I was doing it again, I would have the money wired. That’s instant so there is no delay is accessing the funds. Your bank can set up a temporary account to have the money wired into. Then it’s moved to your account by the bank before you release the vehicle.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I didn't sell any but on my '74 I wired the money to Bajafresh75.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I used Paypal in paying for mine - I paid all the fees associated with the transaction. No issues whatsoever. That was back in 2010, though.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I bought a couple cars from Germany ...paid for it w. PayPal !

OP
OP
West Tn Dawg

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I have had certified checks overnighted to me. If I was doing it again, I would have the money wired. That’s instant so there is no delay is accessing the funds. Your bank can set up a temporary account to have the money wired into. Then it’s moved to your account by the bank before you release the vehicle.

I like the sound of this.

Thanks Buddy!

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I bought my bronco, my bank called his bank and did the money transfer. I was brought into the call and the seller was there at his bank. His bank had him sign the title and they mailed it to me.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
If they are legit, have them send the money via certified funds. Let them know you won’t send the truck or title till the money is cleared in your account. At the end of the day it is the burden of the buyer and his desire to own it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
be very very careful with paypal. any kind of a dispute and they will side with the buyer and remove the funds from you so you're left without the vehicle and without the money. I sold a truck to a guy and we agreed to use PayPal, he paid but it didn't clear on my end. We called PayPal to inquire why and they said they wouldn't clear the money until he received the truck from the shipper. Sorry I'm not signing a title over and shipping something away until I get paid. They finally admitted if the buyer was willing to release the funds they "could" do it so that's what they did. But they said he would have no "buyers protection" at that point so why bother using PayPal. Like Slowleak said your bank can have the money wired into their phantom account then they can transfer it to you so he never gets your actual account number.

NYC Bronco

I bought mine via auction on BaT and wired the seller the funds. There is very little risk in that. You get the sellers Bank Acct # and Routing # and your bank wires the funds. All you can do as the purchaser is send/deposit money, you cannot harm the seller short of not sending the funds.

As the Seller in this scenario, your risk is also small. So the buyer has the account and routing #'s...so what? all they can do is deposit, the purchaser cannot make a withdrawal or transfer. These #'s are identifiers, they do not "authorize". They are like a roach motel, with them you can put money in, but not get it out