• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

greenmonster

Loc.
Southampton
Hi I just bought a 68 U14 after looking at Broncos for years. Owned a 66 Mustang years ago so its good to be back messing around with a classic again. This truck was modded 10 years ago and has been in caretaker mode for a few years so there is work to be done. But it looks brand new underneath and 10 feet away. It has a 347 stroker motor, 3 speed the floor, 4' lift, 35 X12.50X 15 tires, beadlock wheels, dual optima batteries in the bed, custom cover for the bed, Warn winch, custom bumpers front and rear, insulated, 69 F 100 bench seat and rear sliding window. Its a cool, little pick up truck that looks like an adult Tonka Toy. Thumbs up everywhere I go.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
That is sorta nice but being a newbie honestly I need to come pick that up because it’s too nice for you! Congratulations and welcome.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Looks like a nice build. Shouldn't take much to get it up to snuff. Keep an eye on the 10 year old tires.

OP
OP
G

greenmonster

Loc.
Southampton
Looks like a nice build. Shouldn't take much to get it up to snuff. Keep an eye on the 10 year old tires.

Thanks and I will watch out that the monsters shoes don't blow out on the way to the beach!

I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars so all the major systems are going to get refreshed. Just went to Wild Horses for a bunch of new cooling parts, flowkooler, thermostat, housing, elbow etc. I can feel the grease under my fingernails already!

OP
OP
G

greenmonster

Loc.
Southampton
these are pics from 2015

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 42

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Hey nice bronco man !The front bench seat I like it; but I have never seen that in a 69 F100 Guess what I am saying is where can I find one like it?

OP
OP
G

greenmonster

Loc.
Southampton
Hey nice bronco man !The front bench seat I like it; but I have never seen that in a 69 F100 Guess what I am saying is where can I find one like it?

So ten years ago during the first restoration, these are the people in Oregon who put in the 1970 Ford Pickup split bench seat

Russ'Z Aviation & Auto Upholstery LLC
Upholstery Service
Gresham, OR

I am 6 feet and 245lbs and they set me up high in the cab and close to the steering wheel, so if you are really interested in this seat which is in excellent shape, make me a real offer for a couple of hundred and I will sell it. I want to get lower buckets with a slimmer seat back to make shifting the 3 speed easier. Its pretty tight in a half cab under the best conditions for a big guy. These seats recline but the half cab bulkhead stops that action.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
So ten years ago during the first restoration, these are the people in Oregon who put in the 1970 Ford Pickup split bench seat

Russ'Z Aviation & Auto Upholstery LLC
Upholstery Service
Gresham, OR

I am 6 feet and 245lbs and they set me up high in the cab and close to the steering wheel, so if you are really interested in this seat which is in excellent shape, make me a real offer for a couple of hundred and I will sell it. I want to get lower buckets with a slimmer seat back to make shifting the 3 speed easier. Its pretty tight in a half cab under the best conditions for a big guy. These seats recline but the half cab bulkhead stops that action.

If you go with 66-67 stock Bronco buckets the backs are thinner and will give you an extra 2 inches or so. You can use any year Bronco (or 2 driver's side 65-66 Mustang) seat frames and get new 66-67 foam and upholstery. I used 67 seats and TMI "Sport" foam/upholstery in my half cab. The Sport foam/upholstery gives you added bolstering. Very comfortable.

Nice Bronco BTW!

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24