• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock steel wheels

Tugross302

I know this has been covered a lot but I’m trying to order wheels while I’m at work so it would take me a while to search through all the threads to find my answer. Im hoping someone will just make it easy for me. I want stock steel wheels for a ‘76. It has the stock steering set up. Stock height. Stock everything. Im looking for the width, offset, and original color. Also, if anyone knows who I can order them from that would be great. Thank you

chuck1022

Contributor
I know this has been covered a lot but I’m trying to order wheels while I’m at work so it would take me a while to search through all the threads to find my answer. Im hoping someone will just make it easy for me. I want stock steel wheels for a ‘76. It has the stock steering set up. Stock height. Stock everything. Im looking for the width, offset, and original color. Also, if anyone knows who I can order them from that would be great. Thank you

If you find a source for these rims let me know I've been looking forever for my 77

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Check with Delconick - Northeast Classic Ford Parts, call if not on the website. I believe the later wheels were factory gray/silver/argent.

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
I have a set of 5 but I'm in Colorado. They are from a 1975 Ranger. They are the argent gray. Drew Peroni also had several sets on the east coast I believe in addition to Delconik.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

chuck1022

Contributor
I have a set of 5 but I'm in Colorado. They are from a 1975 Ranger. They are the argent gray. Drew Peroni also had several sets on the east coast I believe in addition to Delconik.

I believe that 76 and 77 have different offsets....
But someone will have to chime in

If they are the right offset...are they for sale?

phyler

Loc.
Denver area

I believe that 76 and 77 have different offsets....

But someone will have to chime in

If they are the right offset...are they for sale?
Ahh, didn't know that about the back spacing. I do have mine up for sale. I'll try to measure the back space for you. Some one might be able to post what it is for each year before I can though.

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

This is what I think I know so far. Each year used 15x 5.5. Bolt pattern was 5 x 5.5. I believe ‘76 and ‘77 had a different offset than other years because of the steering linkage. I think they were painted black for a while then white for a while then grey for a year or two then silver for ‘77. I don’t know any of this for sure but I’ve seen that on here somewhere. However, I don’t know the offset for a ‘76. I think it is 3.625. But some of you smart bronco guys know it like the back of your hand. I’m wondering too if Coker or vintiques has what I’m looking for.

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Wheel Vintiques will give you some options very close to the size you're looking for. The wheels come primered so you can paint to your preference and they also offer white(and a few other colors) which is not going to match the Wimbeldon White as painted by Ford back in the day.

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Coker offers these. Has a 3.75 offset. Thoughts anyone? Will these work without rubbing on the tie rods on a ‘76?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would suggest the Wheel Vintiques in a 15x7 with a 4" Backspacing. These fit great with a 29-31" tire. You can find these at Summit Racing.

If you are still wanting to use the 76 Original style Hub Caps you will have to keep the backspacing in mind so you do not have to reach inside the Front Hub Cap to turn the Manual Locking Hubs.

Pictured is the WV 15x7 with a 66 Hub Cap and the Later, Deeper Hub Cap.

Attachments

• 15x7-1.jpg
    15x7-1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 15x7-4.jpg
    15x7-4.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 54

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
I went with the WV in the 15x7. That's why I have the stock wheels left over. They look great and close to stock.
7d45b4da9d852089a2cdaea20ea636a2.jpg

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Thanks everyone. But I’m afraid if I go any wider or with a different offset they will rub the tie rod. There’s maybe a quarter inch of room there now with the stock wheels that I’m borrowing off of my ‘77. You can’t even put a wheel weight on the inside or it will hit

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are wanting the correct original Ford wheel, right Tug? The wheel centers look different than the ones pictures. Some F100s and F150s had the same wheel. I have a set of original '77 rims that were removed from a Bronco in 1977 with less than a thousand miles on them when the owner cut the fenders and mounted aluminum wheels and larger tires. I can measure the offset on them if you need..

If you find an original set of rims and you want to blast and powder coat them, the color 'window grey' in powder is a match for the grey used on the wheels in '75 and '76.

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Thanks Dennis. When you get a chance I’d love to hear the measurements. I don’t need the exact original wheel since this Bronco is just my driver. I just want a set of stock looking ones that my stock hubcaps will fit and that doesn’t rub anywhere. Funny thing is. A guy a couple years ago gave me a set of steel wheels that came off an old bronco he used to have. I didn’t look at them closely and just took them to a guy to get them blasted. After they were blasted I could read the size on them and they were 16”. I threw them in the junk pile there and just figured the guy who gave them to me was mistaken. Just recently I’ve read on here that 16” was an option on an EB.

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

Dennis. I was told by a wheel dealer today that the ones I want are part number 1163. Can you look at this link and tell me if you think these are correct? Also. I was asking about offset but I think the backspacing measurement is the one I should be concerned with