• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New 75 Bronco owner

Me2carcrazy1

Contributor
Looking forward to see what you do with it. I got a 76 Bronco from a friend this month. No rust, original uncut. He drove it for 15 years until last year. He stopped driving it as everyone wanted to buy it wherever he went in town. He was happy to sell it to me so people would stop bugging him. I am not sure whether to just drive as is for fun or to restore it. Maybe watching your progress will give me an idea. Oh, yeah. My friend has a 66 Bronco too. He has own that one for 41 years. That is in his barn under wraps so no one will bother him...that one he won't sell - friend or no friend. LOL

77Bronco636

Hello All. First post for me and wanted to share in my excitement. Just brought home a new to me 75 Bronco. I stumbled on this truck 1.5yrs ago when a friend and his son were helping me with some work on my house I was in the process of building. I told them my wife was wanting a Jeep for her graduation and that I was trying to convince her on a classic Bronco or FJ40. His son mentioned they had a Bronco that had been sitting in their barn for years and that they needed to sell it. I made the trip to their place to take a look and my friend wouldn’t come out and talk to me. He said he new if he came out of the house, I’d convince him to sell it to me. I took a quick look and went home empty handed. Next trip they made out to my place my friend and I agreed he’d sell it to me if he hadn’t done anything with it in 6months. My wife wasn’t in the mood to wait that long so I found and bought her a ‘77 CJ7. Happy wife, happy life! I kept up minimal pressure on my friend to part with his Bronco with no luck. Last week I sent him a text offering a deal he couldn’t refuse and wouldn’t you know it, he didn’t refuse. Drove home today with my new toy/project!

I look forward to learning all I can from those willing to help. He said it was running when he parked it in ‘04 and all it needed was a clutch. He had decided to replace motor and swap out the 3spd for an auto. He got as far as pulling off the fenders and grill.

A few pics of where it has been sitting since ‘04 and after it’s first bath in 14yrs.

Gotta love pic#5....cat sneaking up on a bird that is twice its size.....LOL
Nice find on the bronco and best of luck with you build.....enjoy!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats & welcome aboard!!! Lots of great info and great people here on our little best site on the net..

Search is your friend.. if not found, all the experts can chime in

Hello All. First post for me and wanted to share in my excitement. Just brought home a new to me 75 Bronco. I stumbled on this truck 1.5yrs ago when a friend and his son were helping me with some work on my house I was in the process of building. I told them my wife was wanting a Jeep for her graduation and that I was trying to convince her on a classic Bronco or FJ40. His son mentioned they had a Bronco that had been sitting in their barn for years and that they needed to sell it. I made the trip to their place to take a look and my friend wouldn’t come out and talk to me. He said he new if he came out of the house, I’d convince him to sell it to me. I took a quick look and went home empty handed. Next trip they made out to my place my friend and I agreed he’d sell it to me if he hadn’t done anything with it in 6months. My wife wasn’t in the mood to wait that long so I found and bought her a ‘77 CJ7. Happy wife, happy life! I kept up minimal pressure on my friend to part with his Bronco with no luck. Last week I sent him a text offering a deal he couldn’t refuse and wouldn’t you know it, he didn’t refuse. Drove home today with my new toy/project!

I look forward to learning all I can from those willing to help. He said it was running when he parked it in ‘04 and all it needed was a clutch. He had decided to replace motor and swap out the 3spd for an auto. He got as far as pulling off the fenders and grill.

A few pics of where it has been sitting since ‘04 and after it’s first bath in 14yrs.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Start a build thread, and you'll have a history of all the start to finish projects.. :)

What are we naming it? ;D

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Was able to get the truck rolled off my trailer and into my barn today. I removed the seats and yanked all the carpet and padding. It is nice to have all the mouse and raccoon feces gone. Not to mention the stench of the urine. I was please not to find any rust in the floor. I did find a couple spots on the bottom of the tailgate.

Now that I have the interior cleaned out I’m going to yank and clean gas tanks and try to get it running.