• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Paint and Body Shop Needed Southern California

Jamie Chriss

I am finishing up on my body and I am looking for a painter in Southern California. I built the tub and have a few fitment issues that need to be worked out, I am looking for a shop that knows Broncos. Any suggestions would be welcome. The truck is located in San Clemente

Attachments

• DSC_3070.jpg
    DSC_3070.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_6570.jpg
    DSC_6570.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 54

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All depends on what you want to spendwhats the budget?
The rain has a lot good shops backed up

OP
OP
Jamie Chriss

Jamie Chriss

I am trying to avoid relying on Google to find a shop. There are 100's of body shops, and a few I am sure have painted EB's, I am looking for a shop familiar with EB's. MY body is 100 percent new, there is nothing but clean smooth metal, so the painting aspect is simple, I need a shop that can get my lines straight, the doors hung square and honestly fix a few of my fabrication mishaps. Many thanks

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Mark at Beach City Broncos is in the San Diego area, does great work, and is an active member of this board. I'd start by contacting him and see if he can refer you to anyone in your area.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Mark at Beach City Broncos is in the San Diego area, does great work, and is an active member of this board. I'd start by contacting him and see if he can refer you to anyone in your area.

This is great advice. In general, body shops are not interested in doing restorations. They want insurance work. Even if you find someone to do it, they will push yours aside when an insurance job comes in. Try to find someone who does restorations only and is not super backed up. Good luck!!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I remember an old post on here of a person in san diego that was doing Bronco body work as a one man operation. I would check with the guys in the early Bronco Registery down there.

68ford

Bronco Guru
I would suggest going to Cars and Coffee at the outlet mall in San Clemente and asking people. It's a once a week show so 98% will be from within a 20min radius.