• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

asappin

I actually like the new Ranger too. Just wish they would offer a crew cab with a standard box and not short box. And offer the raptor version in the US

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I will agree about the current F series trucks being awesome. I have posted about this before look at my post in off topic!

Ford can make a bad ass Bronco happen, the real questions is will they?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I will agree about the current F series trucks being awesome. I have posted about this before look at my post in off topic!

Ford can make a bad ass Bronco happen, the real questions is will they?

Yup I think this is it/\/\

68ford

Bronco Guru
Shouldnt this thread be "The new Bronco 2 that's coming back"? ;D

Lawndart

Loc.
I had a Bronco II that I gave to a friend. He went to the local pick-n-pull for something and the young person behind the counter referred to it as a Bronco Eleven!
Of course our group calls it the Bronco 11 now :-*

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
All I can say is I never even thought about owning a new Ford in my 30+ years of driving, but my 2018 F150...where to begin? the styling, interior, lightweight aluminum body, performance - a V6 with twin turbos and nearly 400 HP :eek:

I even have an app that lets me not only remote start it from anywhere, but SCHEDULE it to start...I have it set to start 5 minutes before I leave for work every morning.

Ford freaking NAILED the F150, it is absolutely perfect IMO, so I have hope ;)

Wait till you find out the tail light costs $1200

And the bulb is not replaceable

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
That’s crazy

The LED bulb and the back up radar sensor thing are baked into the lens and can’t be removed

So if you tap the lens with something and crack it ,you gotta buy a new lens including the sensor and led bulb etc

Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen

But I’m sure it’s done like that on purpose to make Ford more money selling parts

68ford

Bronco Guru
I have been saying that ever since I saw that it would be based on the Ranger, just like the original Bronco II was.

Right? Haha I don't have much hope.of it really being that cool at all.beong based on a ranger chassis and no v8. They should have just made a 2 door full size broco out of the raptor since their popularity was so high and the size would sell better in my opinion.

willtel

https://thenewswheel.com/no-bronco-debut-in-2019-design/

Galhotra Confirms No Bronco Debut in 2019, Hints at ‘True to Its Roots’ Design

Ford North America President Kumar Galhotra was a guest speaker at Wednesday’s 43rd annual Automotive News World Congress in Detroit, and he took the opportunity to elaborate on Ford’s future design direction with respect to key products like the upcoming Bronco and Mustang-inspired battery-electric crossover (formerly?) known as the Mach 1.

Speaking with KC Crain, president and group publisher of Automotive News, Galhotra confirmed that the next-gen Bronco will not be bowing anytime in 2019, which is what had ostensibly been suggested in a December report that has a new F-Series truck debuting before the Bronco. On Wednesday, Ford President of Global Markets Jim Farley confirmed that a new F-Series Super Duty will be unveiled sometime later in 2019.

Galhotra did, however, allay some concerns that the Bronco would ostensibly be a gussied-up Everest.

“You need to be clear on what [the Bronco] is — that sentiment, that emotion, that passion for the nameplate. And it doesn’t sit with us; it sits in the public’s psyche. We have to know what that is, and we’re very clear on what the expectation is,” Galhotra said. “When we step back and look at it from a design aesthetic perspective, what are the key elements that make the Bronco a Bronco? We’re very clear on those, and we’re going to stay true to that. I promise it’s going to be true to its roots, and it’s going to be very exciting.”

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All I can say is I never even thought about owning a new Ford in my 30+ years of driving, but my 2018 F150...where to begin? the styling, interior, lightweight aluminum body, performance - a V6 with twin turbos and nearly 400 HP :eek:

I even have an app that lets me not only remote start it from anywhere, but SCHEDULE it to start...I have it set to start 5 minutes before I leave for work every morning.

Ford freaking NAILED the F150, it is absolutely perfect IMO, so I have hope ;)

Just a heads up to you and every new owner......make sure you’re changing your oil to whichever is the most frequent spec (months vs miles) or you can kiss your warranty goodbye.......ask me how I know/see my thread in off-topic.

pbwcr

All new Fords will display a message on the dash to tell you when Maintenance is due. Some of us check the message and change the oil before the dash message is sent.
All that is needed is to follow the instruction.
I know of nothing in the owners manual that tells you when with regard to months/miles.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a Ford spokesperson.

He used the prototype Bronco in the film "Rampage"

He drives a Bronco in this new film.

He drove a Ford pickup in "Walking Tall".

Ford loves him.

Check out the trailer and at 1:40...there's a vehicle that resembles the teaser outline of the 2020 Bronco.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ious-funny-first-hobbs-trailer-144811619.html

Let the ideas run wild. Unless it's a car that already exists. And, if that's the case, then ignore everything I said. Chalk it up to the rantings of a mad man.