• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
cf7bc6d09882ec90fb55a2ab88b27cb1.jpg

Any one have some ideas on the radiator hoses ? The top hits my fan and the bottom has to be twisted a little to fit so it kinda has a kink in it.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut that in half. went to the store and bought a random hose that was 1.5" or 1.5" whatever it is. bought a 3 dollar aluminum sleeve from summit and made my own. got to get a little creative.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
I have the duff bronco brake booster, even after cutting it down it’s so tight I can’t put the plastic valve cover on. Do they have a booster that’s no so big? I wasn’t planning on doing the hydro boost yet. Not sure the b/c coyote swap pump can handle all that. Any thoughts ?
Thanks

hydratech for the win

Hemmer

Anyone have part numbers for radiator hoses that will work? How about hose size for vacuum and heater hose ? Trying to figure out how to run the smaller cooling lines and vacuum lines.
Thanks

Hemmer

8f08f41b1d46a6e8131f12ba76961eab.jpg

This will delete the oils cooler. The filter will still hit the support on the frame and the crossmember. May be able to find a smaller filter or modify the support. I’ll look for a new filter at auto parts store and keep u updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
Installed the insert and the stock filter fits with plenty of room not sure why others are running/looking for the angled bracket from BC bronco's. Thanks Hemmer

Hemmer

That's weird, I have a 2015 motor and running the BC motor mounts on a 68 frame I wonder what's different. I will post pics when i get home tonight.

About how close is the engine from the fire wall?

mbhaddad

I received the BC Broncos replacement bracket the other day and went to install it today but it looks exactly the same as my stock bracket except the porting on the back is different. I was expecting it to be angled back or anything that would make it different.

Jamie Chriss

Torque Converter Question.

2017 Coyote
2015 6R80

I am running the 6R80 4x4 transmission. I need to replace the torque converter that came with the trans due to excessive damage.

Any recommendations

The torque converter that came with the transmission is ECXRA, not sure it is even from the same truck or not.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would get a stock replacement Torque Convertor for a 2015-2017 Coyote.

Geiri

Loc.
Iceland
Thank you for all this info. :)

Does the factory Mustan Coyote oil pan work in a Bronco?
Or do you swap for F150 pan.

Can you use the Mustang Steering pump I am going with MOAB Hydro Boost?
Or do you need a beefier unit.

And Shifters for the transmission What do you use? The mustang or the F150?

Last edited:

MidwestTexan

That's a great question. I bought Tumblin's (similar to Tom's) and Krawlers Edge (similar to BC)... With the KE mounts, the engine was 2.250" lower which I liked, but I had to notch the frame to clear the headers and alternator. The problem I didn't like was the front diff pumpkin was only about 4" from the oil pan. I went with the Tumblin mounts which raises the engine up and you don't have the clearance issues. It does put the engine at about 7* which looks kinda funny but It's suppose to help with pinion angle.

There's a trade off for which ever route you go. There are a ton of little fitment issues you're going to run into, but it'll be worth it!

Here's my build thread which I discuss the motor mounts a little more.