• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mecum Kissimmee 2018 Broncos

andyp

Contributor
Power steering (and the automatic) were options in '71 and '72 so some trucks didn't have them.

It bears worth repeating to show the pictures of the '71 in its as-found condition (found by Randy at Driven 4x4) to show just exactly how awesome Andrew's restoration of it really is.

Todd Z.
Another thumbs up for the restoration that Andrew did on the 71. It's simply doesn't get any better. The amount of NOS parts used and the accuracy of the restoration was amazing. I saw the truck in various stages of restoration and paint. The truck at Mecum now has had some stuff removed but the quality of the restoration remains.

Jaxgtc

Actually only the red one sold. The other one didn't hit their reserve.

Correct. I meant two crossed the stage when I said two down. Mecum is pretty notorious for EBs not selling. Over the past year about 1 in 3 or 4 actually sell.

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Today is the big day for the two Bajas! Have to go get some popcorn and see what 2018 brings...

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Watching the auction now. The '71 just closed at $130,000 and the '75 closed at $107,500. Kuddos to those who did the restorations.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
66 with Sport badges for $55K? Uhhhh

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 62

Jaxgtc

Boy, people really do come to Florida with money to spend. I retract my prior assessment that Mecum EBs typically don't meet reserve. Them babies are selling like hotcakes!

Attachments

• mecum kissimmee 2018.JPG
    mecum kissimmee 2018.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 103

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Do those numbers have some additional fees added on?

Todd Z.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Boy, people really do come to Florida with money to spend. I retract my prior assessment that Mecum EBs typically don't meet reserve. Them babies are selling like hotcakes!

Making ours a lot more valuable :)

Jaxgtc

Do those numbers have some additional fees added on?

Todd Z.

As Master Chief posted prices about 10% below the final listing, I assume it was a 10% premium on top of the sales price. Makes it even more impressive.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As Master Chief posted prices about 10% below the final listing, I assume it was a 10% premium on top of the sales price. Makes it even more impressive.

I seen that too. The prices I posted were the closing/winning bids so the additional costs must go to Mecum.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The announcers gave nice kudos to Andrew Norton of Baja Broncos fame.:cool:
Was fun watching and listening to the play-by-play.

Paul

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That's great they recognized Andrew for expertise! Congrats!