• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pontiac paint

darkmagus

So I've been toying with the idea of painting my Bronco with the light blue metallic that Pontiac used on some of their engines. The only problem is I can't seem to find any photos of vehicles that have been painted that color. You would think that someone has done this. Unless my google skills just suck. Or maybe it just doesn't look good as a body color.

http://www.pontiacpower.org/enginecolor.htm

abd9f8ec73adc95a5a96ecb7cf5adbd0.png

3d88d86a65ee57e05300a671dc03e7c2.jpg

1a43b2e0b8a49b846ecc06e37d211102.jpg

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
just accept it...you're a Pioneer!

I gotta find a color too, it's harder than I thought

Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Thats pretty close to ice blue on the 87 tbird oraybe even brittany blue. I believe maxlider just finished anbrittany blue one

OP
OP
darkmagus

darkmagus

I saw that photo last night. Closest I could find too but I don't think it's quite the same.

House

Minutia Militia
Try calling Tony Cunial at TNT Muscle Cars, he may be able to help you on a paint code.
(53O)842-3779

OP
OP
darkmagus

darkmagus

Thanks. The paint codes are all listed on that site I posted so I don't think that will be the problem. I just want to see some examples of it on the body of a vehicle to see what it would look like. I may give them a call thought to see if they have any examples.

House

Minutia Militia
Gotcha.
It looks closer to Reef Turquoise than Fontaine Blue to me...
buick196643364.jpg

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Have an auto body paint salesman use his spectrometer (I think that's the name) on the paint. It basically takes a picture of the painted surface and tells you how to mix it.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. I believe the Riviera is too green. & Yes the computers that take the pictures are pretty good. . & Probably the new ones are better than the ones I had ...
But I was one of the best paint matcher in Texas. & I could do more by hand than most could do with the computer.
But I'll say the computers today can most likely match that extreme metallic light blue engine paint.
.. I'll admit I'd not have been able to have matched that blue.
... The silvers metallic didn't go there.