• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oklahoma City Area

Shalackin

Loc.
Norman, OK
Anyone here in the OKC area? I need to find a shop that can work on my Bronco that is trusted. Preferably in Norman or the south side. Not just mechanical, but also restoration type work. So they need to be able to handle both.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Not sure about OKC....but Bailiebilt is here in Tulsa. He's a good guy, very capable and would probably come pick it up for you if you can reach an agreement with him. He can do all the things you've listed and more.

OP
OP
Shalackin

Shalackin

Loc.
Norman, OK
Thanks! I will keep that in mind. sure would like to find a trustworthy resource here in OKC that I can drive it to.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Skiddy on here is in OKC area.... and 2Broncos2Go .....

Skiddy will help out I'm sure... :)

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
what all are you needing done, Mr. Dixon in AR does great work

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
True. Not that far away either

Would be a great place for you to get a work done

OP
OP
Shalackin

Shalackin

Loc.
Norman, OK
What I have on the list now is....

Fixing or rigging the vapor canister
Spray inside with lizard skin
Undercoating
Get seats installed correctly
Install seat belts
New bushings
Roll bar with soft bikini top of some sort
Radio and speakers

I don't know much. Not a mechanic. So will take suggestions from whoever works on it. I don't mind doing a bit of this myself but don't know where to begin on some things.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
the only thing I think that maybe a little hard would be the inside and undercoating. inside not too bad but you have to remove everything and clean and clean

OP
OP
Shalackin

Shalackin

Loc.
Norman, OK
The hardest part at this point seems to be time. Some of this stuff can wait til i get some free time to do it. But some of it I just want to pay someone to do so that I can get her going and enjoy it. Which is why I was looking for someone remotely close that I can trust to do it right.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The hardest part at this point seems to be time. Some of this stuff can wait til i get some free time to do it. But some of it I just want to pay someone to do so that I can get her going and enjoy it. Which is why I was looking for someone remotely close that I can trust to do it right.

Gordon Bailie is in Tulsa area... Maybe reach out to Bailie Bilt see what you can work o ut

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
I am usually in the OKC area a few times a month. I could help you out on the weekends if you would like to learn more.