• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie starting build on stock 75'

capsfan

Had the itch for one of these bad a$$ trucks so found a solid one right around the corner from me which was very lucky. Starting to strip it down now and will know soon how extensive the work will be. I am not doing the work but rather having a local shop and I will help where I can.

I am really impressed with the number of online stores that specialize and the wealth of info on youtube. The biggest decisions for me are center around drivetrain. My builder is suggesting to reuse the stock engine, we will know soon if it is in good enough condition. Also, looking at the clutch and other driveline components.

Any suggestions are always appreciated. I would attach a pic but dont seem to have that option.

OB Bronco

Loc.
Orange Beach
It really depends on what you want. If you want to stay stock/original the rebuild the old stuff. If that isn't what you want you can find a 5.0 Explorer '96-'01? And use the drive train and have a modern fuel injection and overdrive. You can also go coyote 5.0. It's personal preference.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Had the itch for one of these bad a$$ trucks so found a solid one right around the corner from me which was very lucky. Starting to strip it down now and will know soon how extensive the work will be. I am not doing the work but rather having a local shop and I will help where I can.

I am really impressed with the number of online stores that specialize and the wealth of info on youtube. The biggest decisions for me are center around drivetrain. My builder is suggesting to reuse the stock engine, we will know soon if it is in good enough condition. Also, looking at the clutch and other driveline components.

Any suggestions are always appreciated. I would attach a pic but dont seem to have that option.
Congrats on you new Bronco. You can post picture for free but you need to use someone like photobucket and insert the link or join here I think its $12 for a year and you can post pictures. Good Luck.

OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

It really depends on what you want. If you want to stay stock/original the rebuild the old stuff. If that isn't what you want you can find a 5.0 Explorer '96-'01? And use the drive train and have a modern fuel injection and overdrive. You can also go coyote 5.0. It's personal preference.

I am looking into now. I like the idea of a coyote but getting prices all over the place. The 5.0 Explorer may work I will have to look around.

OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

I will join up so I can post pics along the way. Should be a fun ride, I "hope" to be done by March or at least everything major so I can start using it.

OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pics

This is what we are starting with. Solid truck for the most part but rockers and floors as well as some other areas have to be replaced.

Attachments

• 20161213_124210.jpg
    20161213_124210.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 20161213_124226.jpg
    20161213_124226.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 157

gooch66

Loc.
Germantown, TN
Welcome aboard! This site is awesome and there are Bronco geniuses who can help you out. It's truly an obsession.
Nice rig you got there.

OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

I have long list to do, it won't be cheap but it will be right. I am having Hardcore Hotrods do the build, they do all the fab, engine work, paint, etc in house. I'll post info and provide pics along the way.

Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Starting to to dig in - pics

By the way I have Hardcore Hotrods/Hardcore Choppers doing the work. They do everything in house, all paint, mechanical, fab, etc.

Lots of work to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pic

Can only up,lad one at a time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pic

Pic 3 the frame is in great shape apparently

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pic 4

Bed is in great shape

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pic 5

More exterior

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pic 6

Doors a re pretty good but insulation is peeling. What are you using to reinsulate?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

Pic 8

The hood looks great. Next I will get some "before" shots of the engine bay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
capsfan

capsfan

more pics

Hopefully going into paint in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 20170112_100053.jpg
    20170112_100053.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 73