• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1971 Frame Off Luber Build

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
How does Nick get them to tuck so good? I have 2'' suspension and 2'' body and might doesnt tuck well at all. I have actually pushed the fender out some on the front edge. I plan on moving axle back and inch have offset spring perches need to lenght driveshaft.Is Nick limiting up travel if so I my need to lower my bump stops. Running 33x10.5 x15 on ford f150 rims.

You should probably ask Nick;)

OP
OP
N

Numberfool

Continuing to plug away on the body work, but while I have the body back off for the last time, had the exhaust work done.

Very happy with how it turned out and the quality of the runs and welds. Will be having this guy do more work for me for sure.

Going to put the lizard skin on the belly next week and paint engine bay. Finally settled on a color and got my paint bought.

Photos of exhaust work below.

pegy8eda.jpg
e7ehanu6.jpg
yqetyse4.jpg
ty8a2use.jpg
8eqysu9e.jpg
dudygu3e.jpg

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Nice work on that exhaust.:cool: Great build you have going. Some how I missed it until now.

Bferrari

Looks great! Love the work you did on the exhaust. Can't wait to see it with some color, keep the progress pics coming!

OP
OP
N

Numberfool

Sorry for the lag / gap... I've hit the slow slog part of paint and body work.

Was supposed to paint the engine bay 4 weeks back, which we did. But... Hated the color of green I chose once it was down (tons of gold hues in the green I didn't see before... No idea what the heck I was thinking). Additionally, the seam sealer job wasn't good enough anyways, so it had to be sanded down. Fast forward a few weeks and I am hopefully painting this Tuesday.

The bronco was originally calypso coral. I lean towards the blue or green below. Also been spraying sample metal to see if we can pull off the flat volcanic grey. The look is pretty awesome, but a real pain to lay down.

I'll post final engine bay paint pics this week.

ve3u8una.jpg
hehupydy.jpg
ebu5eza9.jpg

OP
OP
N

Numberfool

Just finished painting the engine bay and inside floorboards. I mentioned it a few months back, but I am needing to put the body back on the frame to get the panels to relax properly for final paint.

So, we painted the engine bay and then plan to go body on and at that point, I might as well finish some of the underhood assembly without worrying about the body.

I changed courses pretty hard on the paint color. The pics don't do not capture the color correctly, but I tried a few angles to give an idea. We went with a volcanic / charcoal color and added a flattening agent. I think it looks fantastic, especially in the sun. Almost a chocolate / bronze that comes out. But I do love the flat look. We spent a week spraying different metal pieces testing pressure and durability. It's a great look, just a real pain in the ass to lay down. No wet sanding or do overs.

I'll send along an update once I get into assembly. On a side note I did the affordable fuel injection upgrade on my daughters 75' and am so happy with the running difference that going FI on this build is at least on the table if I can manage the funds.

atezemy3.jpg
e3apete8.jpg
turasuby.jpg
y5ugaza5.jpg
qygeqe2y.jpg
nezeqa8a.jpg
py7y6e8e.jpg
urume2uz.jpg
qagame7y.jpg

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Just read through this whole build and can't wait to see it with the paint on. Excellent work so far and man do I wish I had space like that to work in, keep it up.

dmplatt

Contributor
That paint is fantastic - nice work getting it just right!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Your ride is looking awesome. You are moving right along with it. If work would stop getting in the way, I might actually make some better progress myself. Keep it up!

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Wow, that color looks amazing. I can't wait to see the final pics. That is almost the exact color I plan to go with when mine gets to that stage, flattened just about the same. I am a little scared since you can't do any sanding after spraying, I am a newbie when it comes to paint so this might be a little daunting. I am sure I will change my mind a hundred times before mine is ready for paint, but seeing yours finished might push me over the edge on a semi flat job. Nice work!

drock

I'm tuned in as well to follow the progress. Liking the shop space as well.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I like the direction your build is heading. I'm currently sourcing parts to link my LUBR. I have everything except for the Johnny Joints right now. Very impressive workmanship on your build and the build from Krawlers Edge.