• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 4BD1T Diesel & NV4500 conversion on 33's

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Started working on the driver's side caliper mount. I'm still a slow machinist but not as slow as the first bracket. This took me 5 hours to get to this point. Probably need about 4 hours of more work to get the caliper bolted to it. Going to try and get that tomorrow hopefully.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Started working on the driver's side caliper mount. I'm still a slow machinist but not as slow as the first bracket. This took me 5 hours to get to this point. Probably need about 4 hours of more work to get the caliper bolted to it. Going to try and get that tomorrow hopefully.
Just catching this thread and this was the first picture I saw. At first glance... what is going on here... flip up a few posts and OMG!!! this is going to be SWEET.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Got the hard side completed now just need to do the recessed areas where the caliper mounts to. My estimate was way off when I said 4 hours of more work. this was like 6 hours of machining in these pics. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Got the caliper bracket machined fully besides the mounting holes for the caliper which should be done by tomorrow night. Also the other rotor bored out and drilled for 5x5.5" bolt pattern. I was way less worried this time around when machining this rotor than the last. My condenser should be here soon so it can be added to the stack behind the grill.
Been thinking about the fuel tank here and there I am going to try and make a my own stainless tank that will be located in a different location than stock because with the axle moved back 7" it really cut how much room I have to work with in the back between the frame rails. Never made anything that needed to be air tight so that will be a new experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Nothing too exciting tonight. Got the drivers caliper mounted with no issues. Did a lot of measuring with where the "in cab AC box" will be going. Classic auto air says it measures 20.875″ inches long, 7.125″ inches deep, and 9.5″ tall. The second pic shows the room I have to work with.(22") When mounting the box I will be cutting a hole on the side of the kick panel and make a bump out area that the blower motor will need for clearance. Made a little pic to show about the area will be mounted on the inside of the passenger side firewall.

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
BradtheWelder

BradtheWelder

Loc.
Moline IL
Today my brother and I got the drivetrain out with not much hassle. Then pulled out the plasma cutter and went to town on all the brackets and stock crossmember. I am going to make new one out of tube that is more forward then the factory location. If all goes well I will possibly get the drivetrain back in tomorrow, that the goal anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 48