• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Daves 71 NH Build

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Isn't the disassembly part an eye-opener:eek:. You'll remove one part and see three other areas that need repair or replacing.

You are definitely moving right along. Keep up the good work!!!:cool:

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
sellitall,
Yeah funny how that is. Thanks for the encourgement.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you are rockin' it Dave! i'm heading to Pete's at some point and would love to stop by...

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got a few hours in on the Bronco as well as the garage today. These warm Feb. days are helpin out a bit.

Pulled off the core support both wheel tubs and what was left of the skirts.

Attachments

• DSC01541.jpg
    DSC01541.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
me too! went to Brian's tonight so one is off the list....keep after it Dave!

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah guys, we need to hook up soon.

Brian, I actually said the heck with the grinder and used my air chisel, much quicker.
Spent it on more 3/4 pipe and hangers for my pneumatic system.:)

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cruisin? That sounds way too fast for my pace. I'll be glad to just start ordering let alone waiting for it.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Yeah guys, we need to hook up soon.

Brian, I actually said the heck with the grinder and used my air chisel, much quicker.
Spent it on more 3/4 pipe and hangers for my pneumatic system.:)

Make sure you ask 76mabronco about his story of the air chisel and the neighborhood boy. I laugh to myself every time I think about that story. ;D

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You mentioned 48 degrees, is that in your garage or outside? My dad had a very small pot belly wood burning stove and man that thing would run us out of the garage! I had to cut up logs 10" long bc door was so small, but man that thing could put out some heat. I'm tryn to get it from him for my garage but for now an oil furnace is going alright. It doesn't get too cold here in SC, especially this winter. I sorta miss the two times it snowed here last year. We panic over the white stuff that floats down. Now get tape up & some mud on those walls! Tear down is looking promising too! Good luck!

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Make sure you ask 76mabronco about his story of the air chisel and the neighborhood boy. I laugh to myself every time I think about that story.

I will ask, Can't wait to here that one.

You mentioned 48 degrees, is that in your garage or outside? My dad had a very small pot belly wood burning stove and man that thing would run us out of the garage! I had to cut up logs 10" long bc door was so small, but man that thing could put out some heat. I'm tryn to get it from him for my garage but for now an oil furnace is going alright. It doesn't get too cold here in SC, especially this winter. I sorta miss the two times it snowed here last year. We panic over the white stuff that floats down. Now get tape up & some mud on those walls! Tear down is looking promising too! Good luck!

Crawdad,
That temp was in my garage. I have a 75k btu LP hanging heater, mounted and wired but no gas/vent line run yet. My HVAC guy's are tied up for another month as i was late getting my install order in and their full out with work till then as are most heating co.'s this time of year. I'm currently just using a couple 1500w infareds which take all day to bring 1000+ sq.ft. up 10 deg. above ambient. Walls are finished except the closet under the stairs. Think it's best to mud in warmer temps.

Pat, Thanks for the encouragement.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Dave, I have a portable 75,000 btu kerosene fired mr heater that your welcome to borrow if needed. I don't seem to need to use it now since I've insulated.

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Bri,
I do have a 40k LP torpedo that i used last year before i had my walls finished but it makes everything sweat like crazy. I'm sure the kerosene wouldn't have that issue. I'll be ok as long as the weekends stay mild. The last few months have been tough to get out there during the week with me working later. Work is slowing down again a bit so may get a bit easier. Getting it well insulated this year has made a huge difference as i'm sure you know. I'll definitely let you know if it will help me out. Thanks again for the offer.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
no problem, it's here if you need it. I've had the sweating issue happen before, seems to happen when the air heats up fast but objects retain the cold longer. havent had it happen using the pellet stove to heat up the space gradually.

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very Good,
I believe the sweating issue is minimized when the space is insulated so probably not an issue but LP gas during the vaporization/burn period releases large amount of moisture especially in the presence of excess oxygen. I might fire up the torpedo just to see what happens. I have a CO monitor as well so i'll just kick it on to bring it up quick.

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Very Good,
I believe the sweating issue is minimized when the space is insulated so probably not an issue but LP gas during the vaporization/burn period releases large amount of moisture especially in the presence of excess oxygen. I might fire up the torpedo just to see what happens. I have a CO monitor as well so i'll just kick it on to bring it up quick.

PSA: My buddy (no C02 monitor) fell asleep working on his snowmobile using a Kero heater. He was awakened by the drop of is own wrench, had to crawl out of the garage.... One lucky S.O.B.