Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #1
EarlyBronc74

74' Bronco 302 3 spd

Central Texas
NP435 Questions

Where is the best place to source an NP435 for my Bronco? Im having a hard time finding one.
EarlyBronc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #2
Dlish
Contributor

Philly Burbs
They show up in the classified section on here, may have to ship it, but you may be able to get a package deal with the adapter
I found mine locally on craigslist
Dlish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #3
rockinrich
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBronc74 View Post
Where is the best place to source an NP435 for my Bronco? Im having a hard time finding one.
Hello i just saw one for 250.00 and said it had just been gone through under 66-77 bronco parts the guys name is buckwild and think he is northern cal,good luck!
rockinrich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #4
Pa PITT
Contributor
Bronco Guru

NP435 BED LINER TOP. BED. BUMPERS. ROCKERS. 4bt P/S. FLOTHRU TAILGATE. 16'' TIR

Stephenville..TX.

My Gallery
Garage
... I bought 3 about 10 years ago for 75.00 each.
I'd just look in everyones back yard for old ford trucks & stop & ask If I could buy the trans out of it.
... I'm going to say that they are never bad. A lot of people go through them . In all my parts house days I've only seem 2 bad ones. &one of them would have worked in a Bronco. OUR VENDORS SELL THE ADAPTORS .

............R. I. P. H. D. May 2nd 1999
Pa PITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #5
Broncobowsher
Total hack

Adapt and overcome

Maricopa, AZ
They are getting harder to find. The vintage of trucks they came out of are now to the point that they have either been sent to the shredder or are now toys (like Broncos). 10 years ago this stuff was still easy to find everywhere. I went through 3 different pick and pull yards this past spring. I found one dent side truck in all of them, and it was in the premium parts section. One yard I went to I checked before giving my $2 and the oldest Ford on the lot was an '85. I just walked away from that one. So the traditional pick and pull yards are not a likely choice anymore. You might get lucky, but don't count on it.

There are specialty yards that deal in vintage parts, but you pay for that.

Craig's list for parts, or vehicles being parted out.

It takes more work then in the past. That is the struggle of working with vintage iron. And it is only getting harder.

"She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro"-Zapp Brannigan
Why do people keep expecting "normal" from me?
Full throttle, it either solves the problem or ends the suspense.
Broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #6
thegreatjustino
Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey

Vroom Vroom

Stockton, CA
Garage
There were at least four available at the Wildhorses swap meet a couple of weeks ago.

With the advent of the various modern five speeds now commonly being adapted into our Broncos the NP435 setup is not only more difficult to find as Bowsher pointed out, they are getting more difficult to sell if you have them. The last one I had sat on craigslist for close to three years before I found a buyer for it. I'm pretty sure not a single one of them sold at Wildhorses either. I made at least 10 laps while I was there and all of them were still sitting for sale each time I passed by.

It's really just a matter of buyer and seller aligning at the right place and time.

'When my Bronco is finished' is only a hypothetical statement.
thegreatjustino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #7
Apogee
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Cuz that's how I roll.

Tangent, OR
if you open yourself to swapping to the NP205 transfercase at the same time, then you can consider the married NP435's from the 4x4 F150 and 78-79 Bronco applications. While the low-range isn't great, you certainly won't need to upgrade the output shaft on the D20 with the new granny gear in the NP435.

Did you know that 95% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
Apogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #8
Nevadasmith
Contributor

Fallon, Nv

My Gallery
Garage
I have a buddy trying to sell his np435 in northern Nevada, pm me if you're still interested...... hahaha yeah it was one of the 4 at the swap meet it's a 28 spline output and I'm pretty sure he has the adapter to use the 6cyl housing and spud shaft.

71 250i6 ZF5 D20 5.38/5.42 Toyota p/s on board air/welder. Custom cage, bumpers, air reciver
Nevadasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #9
bamabaja
Contributor

The Shoals
Consider buying donor vehicle. I picked up 86 F150 4wd off CL for $450 for NP435 trans. Then for fun decided to see if could get 5.0 running. Surprise, runs and drives like a top, so now new project: truggy !
bamabaja is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat