• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mint 400 Movie plus Vintage Stroppe Pics

House

Minutia Militia
Looks like an antenna in the top rear corner... Any holes inside his top there?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Terry could confirm. Thinking prerollover ... 66bronco is that your name? Dang it.

66Bronco

Are you referring the Bronco surrounded by VW's as Big Oly is lining up to the starting line? Time index 3:06.

Great video!!

-Terry

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a still shot a page or two back. It's a grey bronco behind a vw bug and has a cb antenna mounted high on hardtop lh rear.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Are you referring the Bronco surrounded by VW's as Big Oly is lining up to the starting line? Time index 3:06.

Great video!!

-Terry

Great round up article in BD you did. Bet it was all fun.:cool:

House

Minutia Militia

66Bronco

I checked through all of the old pictures I have of the Silver Fox and I don't see any with the CB antenna mounted to the top. Duane appears to have only ever mounted it to the rear bumper (drivers side), just like it is today. Knowing Duane, I believe that he would have preferred to not drill into a body part like that. That leads me to conclude that the Fox is not in the picture.

2v2uwt5uVxQP5B.jpg

-Terry

Last edited:

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
10-4 good buddy. I didn't have all those pics of early Fox but in my head....so was trying to rack my brain if it was all one color too and now i see not. BUt I saw that grey and the time frame, and the area, and Duane's passion for all that, and it struck a "could be" in my head. Thanks for confirming and sharing an awesome photo.

House

Minutia Militia
Sure looked like it could have been, good eye Andrew.
Sweet vintage pic Terry.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice Nice.. :)

I checked through all of the old pictures I have of the Silver Fox and I don't see any with the CB antenna mounted to the top. Duane appears to have only ever mounted it to the rear bumper (drivers side), just like it is today. Knowing Duane, I believe that he would have preferred to not drill into a body part like that. That leads me to conclude that the Fox is not in the picture.

2v2uwt5uVxQP5B.jpg

-Terry

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Was just going back and referencing this awesome thread, and thought it deserved a bump for those that have not spent the time to read through it.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

I'm still looking for more pictures from my Dad's involvement with Bill's group.

With talk of the race in April picking up, I thought I'd try to freshen this thread up a little.

I hope every one has a great Christmas.

Jeff

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Everyone,

I'm still looking for more pictures from my Dad's involvement with Bill's group.

With talk of the race in April picking up, I thought I'd try to freshen this thread up a little.

Jeff

Same to you Jeff... Good luck

C_Man69EB

Hey Everyone,

Jeff

Jeff, I've been reading since the beginning as well, and just want to say as everyone else did...thank you so much for sharing these priceless moments captured on film. It's been a thrill to follow along. Its a very generous and selfless thing to give history "back to the people..."

Cullen