• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HP disc brake swap part 2

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Got the brakes all together so today I worked on the lines and the hydroboost.
Put the extended lines in that came with my lift. I did the lift two years ago so I guess it was time to do the lines.
Got the prop valve in, made all my lines, mounted the hydroboost, hooked up the brake pedal and then realized when we made my high pressure lines that we used 5/8" and when I did my steering we used 1/2". Crap I'm gonna need some fittings.
Anyway it's 90% buttoned up I think it came out nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 100

JCBombardier

Lookin good man! What Hydroboost setup did you go end up going with?

Could you feel a major difference with just the manual front discs as opposed to the manual drums?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Daaammmnnn....

All your stuff looks so cool.

Questions!

Lol.

What fire wall plate did you use?

What MC spacer did you use?

Is that the Astro unit?

I have a 1 inch body lift, I'm hoping it will help a little with making some room between the valve cover an HB.

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys!

Answers: 99 powerstroke HB unit
85 Dodge diplomat MC
Made my own mounting plate as well as my own HB to MC adapter. No I do not have a machine shop. I made them with a grinder a drill and a sander.
Anyone of you can do this, I have a grand total invested in my HB setup of $350 including all my hoses. The only used piece is the HB unit itself.

Last answer I did not get a chance to run it without the HB. I did the disc swap and the HB at the same time. Hopefully I can acquire the fittings tomorrow but where I live everything is closed on Sunday!! So it might be Monday or Tuesday before I get to plant my face into the windshield lol!!

Oh yes I do have a one inch BL.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Got the brakes all together so today I worked on the lines and the hydroboost.
Put the extended lines in that came with my lift. I did the lift two years ago so I guess it was time to do the lines.
Got the prop valve in, made all my lines, mounted the hydroboost, hooked up the brake pedal and then realized when we made my high pressure lines that we used 5/8" and when I did my steering we used 1/2". Crap I'm gonna need some fittings.
Anyway it's 90% buttoned up I think it came out nice.

Your setup looks so good! Something for me to shoot for!

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Ok done, well except the bleed part. All reservoirs are full and no leaks thus far. I'll bleed them out and see if I can put my face into the steering wheel lol!! I'm pretty happy with the way it came out!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 22