• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone else twitch when...

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I twitch when kids call N.O.S. (Nitrous Oxide Systems) Nos....More Fast and Furious teeny bobber shit....

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
When I hear "1st gen" I think of old Colt pistols

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I don't mind "first gen" but I like early Bronco or classic Bronco better. In full size Bronco circles first gen refers to the 78-79's. Also the full size folks use "EB" to refer to "Eddie Bauers" and not Early Broncos.

I twitch when kids call N.O.S. (Nitrous Oxide Systems) Nos....More Fast and Furious teeny bobber shit....

I have to correct my son - he keeps calling A.R.B.'s "arbs"!

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I find that when I use the term "6th gen" to describe my 72-79 Ford trucks I get a "WTH"? look from a lot of people.

If I said "1st gen Bronco" most would say "Oh you mean a Bronco II" then I twitch alot and throw sharp tools at them. lol

Here is my insurance disclaimer sticker. ;D

Attachments

• do my job.jpg
    do my job.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 42

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
What I really really hate is when a big Bronco is referred to as an "OJ" Bronco! Hate that crap!

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I have learned to just shake it off. Those who know, know. Those who don't either learn something from talking to me, or remain uninformed and unwilling to spend the thirty seconds to learn.

A family friend called me all excited one day; he knew where there was a "bronco like yours" for sale for $500. He said it ran and that he'd driven it. When I asked what year and he responded 85 I about hung up. It was a Bronco II.

I got further disgusted when he said something like "well it looks just like yours, you just cut the top off and added a cage, right?".

Dammit I'm twitching again.

ramrick

Loc.
el paso
I got further disgusted when he said something like "well it looks just like yours, you just cut the top off and added a cage, right?".

Dammit I'm twitching again.[/QUOTE]

ROTFL!!! That is a good one!!Never heard that one before!!

camodown

I have learned to just shake it off. Those who know, know. Those who don't either learn something from talking to me, or remain uninformed and unwilling to spend the thirty seconds to learn.

A family friend called me all excited one day; he knew where there was a "bronco like yours" for sale for $500. He said it ran and that he'd driven it. When I asked what year and he responded 85 I about hung up. It was a Bronco II.

Dammit I'm twitching again.

I look like the cop on dumb and dumber when he drinks the bottle of piss after someone calls it or compares it to a bronco II.

https://youtu.be/YNZblixPejs

luke

I had a 95 bronco. 45k original miles. Exactly like the O.J. one. Mint. Had to get rid of it because of all of the O.J. references. This was just 2 years ago. Sold it for 12k. Annoying.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
It's kind of interesting when a noobie on FSB introduces him/herself and either has username that references OJ or starts out with an OJ joke or reference. The reception is usually not very good. I wish OJ had been cowering in the back of a Blazer instead. It wasn't even his Bronco! %)

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
I drove a 91 white "o.j." Bronco to high school on the day he was found not guilty. I shoe polished the windows GUILTY in big letters and drove around with black gloves and a butcher knife. All I got was smiles.

Nothing Special

I get a little annoyed by all of the initials used on the internet. Just on Ford boards "EB" is "early Bronco", "Eddie Bauer" and "Eco-Boost"

I haven't heard "Gen 1 Bronco" yet, but that wouldn't annoy me as much as when I get asked if I have a full size Bronco or a Bronco II. "Neither, I have an Early Bronco"