• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
There isnt too many parts of that bronco that havent been cut on. And im not running them miss matched. There on 40 bolt bead locks so it takes a bit to swap them. I only got one done last night got two done to night so i reckon that only leaves me one to do tomarro

If you washed some of that mud off..... it would be eaiser to see those 40 bolts;D;D;D

That rig has come a long way since Windrock 2014!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4927.jpg
    IMG_4927.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 85

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well we're gonna need to see pics of that for sure!
Daytime and nighttime pics if you please...

Thanks!

Paul

When I get it all back together (if that ever happens %%) ), Ill post it up.

I lined my reverse light buckets with aluminum tape. Never thought of using reflective tape.
Here's a nighttime pic, with LED lights.

Attachments

• 2015-02-06 19.16.20.jpg
    2015-02-06 19.16.20.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 61

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those really show up good Scott. Thanks for posting up.
Did the same thing to mine as an experiment in fact!

I tried shiny aluminum tape, aluminum paint, "chrome" paint, and white paint.
Of all of them, I liked the white paint the most. But through discussions here we've talked about specific white paints with more titanium-dioxide in them.
The TD component is actually one of the most highly used white pigments in paint, but it also has very reflective properties, so the more of it in paint the better.
And at least one member here said that, oddly enough, the flat finish paint is better at evening out the light waves in a reflector than the ones with more gloss. Which again, oddly enough, is what Ford used in the original tail light buckets to begin with.
Go figure...

I ended up with a high-gloss appliance white paint and loved it, but now have a can that lists the percentage of titanium-dioxide in it and the next set of lights I do are going to get that instead.
Very happy with mine as they are, but yours looks extremely good for a Bronco backup lamp! Do you remember if your tape was anything special, or just generic old aluminum tape?
And are they standard bulbs, or higher wattage?

Thanks

Paul

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Well nothing to my actual Bronco but....but I got another Bronco all together.

The grandson is going to love it. He said he wanted the "Jeep", since it is sort of like what his dad has now. But he did not see the Bronco, when we 1st seen them at Walmart, or I know he would of wanted it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Brig...awler-USB-Radio-Control-Truck-Green/755305042

Did not see these till I cruised the Walmart site...https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Bright-1-15-RC-Chargers-Ford-Bronco/838055438

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NKOK-Mean-Machines-Rock-Crawlers-RC-70-Ford-Bronco/53100049

Attachments

• 100_3833.jpg
    100_3833.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_3830.jpg
    100_3830.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_3831.jpg
    100_3831.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_3827.jpg
    100_3827.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3825.jpg
    100_3825.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_3823.jpg
    100_3823.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3822.jpg
    100_3822.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_3821.jpg
    100_3821.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 32

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
but now have a can that lists the percentage of titanium-dioxide

Donk, what paint is that and where did you get it, would like to try some on a set of buckets that some PO painted OD green

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
don't know if anyone cares or is aware but if you are going with led lights, most of them point straight out the back so a reflector really wont matter. if the light doesn't point to the rear or 360* like a traditional incandescent bulb then the light will not point to the reflector to be able to reflect..just sayin!!!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Too true. And if they don't care, they should!
Those old style LED bulbs are basically useless in our old housings anyway. I say stay away from them. All you end up with a little bit of light, with a bright center circle in the center of the lens the size of a quarter. Without a whole lot of light on the ground.
Diffusion and reflection were apparently not thought of as important initially.

The light that gr8scott linked to is one of the newer style with the elements pointing in all directions. I see more and more of them that way too. Which is a good thing since the early generations were such poor substitutes for incandescent in our housings.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Donk, what paint is that and where did you get it, would like to try some on a set of buckets that some PO painted OD green

The one I have is Rustoleum Flat White #7590 High Performance Enamel.
It does not list the percentage of titanium dioxide, and I don't know for a fact that all white paint doesn't have at least a certain amount in it since it's one of the original key pigments for "white" as far as I know.
But the fact that it lists it specifically on the label was a good sign.

Let us know how it works out. Do a before and after if you can.
My experience says it's not always necessarily brighter, but that the light has a more even look.

Paul

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let us know how it works out. Do a before and after if you can.
My experience says it's not always necessarily brighter, but that the light has a more even look.

Paul

k thanks will do, anything has to be better than OD green

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good job dad... :)

Well nothing to my actual Bronco but....but I got another Bronco all together.

The grandson is going to love it. He said he wanted the "Jeep", since it is sort of like what his dad has now. But he did not see the Bronco, when we 1st seen them at Walmart, or I know he would of wanted it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Brig...awler-USB-Radio-Control-Truck-Green/755305042

Did not see these till I cruised the Walmart site...https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Bright-1-15-RC-Chargers-Ford-Bronco/838055438

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NKOK-Mean-Machines-Rock-Crawlers-RC-70-Ford-Bronco/53100049

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Pulled the cage to weld up the spots that couldn't be reached while it was in the bronco. Also got the door put on my passenger seat storage.

Attachments

• Cage51.jpg
    Cage51.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Cage52.jpg
    Cage52.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Cage53.jpg
    Cage53.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Cage54.jpg
    Cage54.jpg