• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966-ford-bronco-icon-derelict!

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I think the Icon builds are top notch, but at what point are these no longer broncos? Other than the sheet metal, what else is a bronco?

Perhaps I'm an old stodgy purist, but I like the mechanics of the early bronco as well as the sheet metal.

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I like it because it don't look like the regular icon builds. Just me I guess.

Jc.av8r

I think the Icon builds are top notch, but at what point are these no longer broncos? Other than the sheet metal, what else is a bronco?

Perhaps I'm an old stodgy purist, but I like the mechanics of the early bronco as well as the sheet metal.

In my opinion they are kit cars, just like "fake" shelby 427's.

In this case though, ironically, the fakes are worth more than the real ones.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos

I agree.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Once you replace everything other than the body why not replace the body with a new tub too?

Patina is not that hard to fake and neither is body damage.

SavageBurro

Once you replace everything other than the body why not replace the body with a new tub too?

Patina is not that hard to fake and neither is body damage.

Yeah, what he said. I wouldn't mind having all those goodies but the concept seems odd. 'course we all like different things about our broncos - no condescending judgements from me.

Kbpony

I like it better than the real deal, but not the 18” wheels and lift. I think 16” would have been plenty.

OP
OP
half cab

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That what I was sayin. I can't stand that icon grille they put in the regular rigs.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I kinda like it, just imagine the beater pulling up to some lowered Honda and totally smoking it haaa. Wouldn’t pay what they want for it though I just like sleepers

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Waste of time and money. 10 years from now a totally rebuilt Icon may be worth 80% of cost. I'd bet this thing will be less than 50% of cost.

jusms1

Loc.
mid america
Yawn the people that buy these things don't care about what we think on here. 10%-50%-100% or 10 years they don't care!

Personally I would have let it survive as it came.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I would rather had it before they got it just my opinion.When I see these broncos and I look in the background I see all those broncos waiting to go under the knife it makes me sad:cry: