• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front grill

TheBiologist

I am putting my Bronco back together and was wondering how far off the frame does the grill sit? I ask because I have a suspicion of front frame damage......

Jamie Chriss

If you want some really good advice post a picture. Sign up to be a contributor, there is a small fee but it will pay for itself after one post.. Good luck

OP
OP
T

TheBiologist

Wow not the reply I expected from the forum I was a contributor on in the past. Why would I need to post a picture to get somebodies measurements?

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Possibly to see what you are actually dealing with......pictures do help these guys analyze things. They are GOOD!!

Do you mean how high - How much of a gap between the frame and bottom of radiator?? Stock radiator?? V8 or V6??

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I am at work right now so I can't measure for you but there are 2 frame rails that the stock bumper bolts to. Is your grill equal distance from both of those frame rails?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Pictures were the 1st thing I thought of also. I wasn't totally sure about your question.
... But I think after my lift 2.5 inch & Now I think there is about 3 plus inches between .

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
As a rule of...forefinger, if you can't get your forefinger between the grill and the frame it is too close. A fat forefinger and stock clearances, maybe not then either. Could be body mount damage too. It is so close in factory configuration that a 1 inch body lift actually looks normal. Also, frame damage is rarely even, so if one side is closer, then something is not correct.