• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What happened to Bronco Connection?

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Should be one interesting Auction someday!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I hope the guys with their trucks being worked on there get their property back without too much hassles. Sorry it turned out this way for the family. I bought parts from them throught the years and they did right by me. Rest in peace my friend.

75 survivor

Bronco Connection

Anyone had any luck getting through to Sam? Their web site is down now as well. Any explanation for the lack of communication?

Sniper

Contributor
Loc.
Omaha Nebraska
i was just up that way a few months ago and they were struggling to handle things after the dad got cancer, lots of rigs in partial build while i was there. the son seemed like a nice guy and gave us a tour through the shop after we scared them pulling up in an ambulance. sad to hear that they went under. though it does make me wonder if i can get some good prices on liquidated product here in the near future

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
We've been losing a lot of the old guard in the car hobby lately, or maybe it just seems so, as I am feeling the mileage more too each morning. I feel for these families in this time of loss. I remember seeing Dan's work early in my Bronco days in getting my '72. A local guy was selling some spare parts off and he had a beautiful Rangoon Red EB tub that had just been painted by Dan. Fast forward several years and I found myself working some additional details on another beautiful Prairie Yellow EB for a Chicago chap. Again, I was very impressed with Dan's metal, paint, and body work. We must not forget the true cost of quality, hard, passionate work on these classics that we could easily take for granted when the final product is rolling artwork in the end. Hats off to all those hard working artists out there like Dan, preserving our past, and living lives where the soul of these machines transcends the machines themselves.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We've been losing a lot of the old guard in the car hobby lately, or maybe it just seems so, as I am feeling the mileage more too each morning. I feel for these families in this time of loss. I remember seeing Dan's work early in my Bronco days in getting my '72. A local guy was selling some spare parts off and he had a beautiful Rangoon Red EB tub that had just been painted by Dan. Fast forward several years and I found myself working some additional details on another beautiful Prairie Yellow EB for a Chicago chap. Again, I was very impressed with Dan's metal, paint, and body work. We must not forget the true cost of quality, hard, passionate work on these classics that we could easily take for granted when the final product is rolling artwork in the end. Hats off to all those hard working artists out there like Dan, preserving our past, and living lives where the soul of these machines transcends the machines themselves.

Very well said...if only we could just order parts and rebuild to keep on going. We can cut the cancer (rust) out of a truck much easier than a living being. May his family finds some comfort in the legacy of the Broncos that are roaming the streets and trails thanks to his talent. And hope those that are still in progress get back to the owners and finished by someone equally as skilled.

mattt

Bronco Guru
A few years back, I stumbled onto a small Bronco resto shop that had made a 4 door Bronco or two as part of their catalog of work. I seem to think that small shop was in IA, but in reading this thread, I see it could have been Bronco Connection. Does a custom build 4 door Bronco ring a bell with anyone for Bronco Connection, or any other small custom shop? I am not talking about the more recent 4 doors from the last 2-3 years, like the ones that went to SEMA.

Sorry to see a Bronco shop go. Rest in peace Dan.

pipeline010

anything over a few grand involved and I'd insist on an escrow account; then again, I'm a neurotic psychopath.

these types of things happen all the time, nobodies fault really (sometimes), but when it does its the outstanding customers that can really get kicked in the teeth.

Would be horrible to put ~10k down for a tub build only to watch that money evaporate. I'd be selling my truck to deal with the loss and my wife would STILL have me on the couch for a couple months.

Escrow agreements. Can dole out partial payments as work is completed, but always always protect your $$$.

It's not that I don't trust people (kinda the opposite, actually). I've just seen too many times things going south due to life kicking the wrong direction.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
i was just up that way a few months ago and they were struggling to handle things after the dad got cancer, lots of rigs in partial build while i was there. the son seemed like a nice guy and gave us a tour through the shop after we scared them pulling up in an ambulance. sad to hear that they went under. though it does make me wonder if i can get some good prices on liquidated product here in the near future

Sniper, I sincerely hope you did not realize the reason they ‘went under’ when you made the comment about ‘getting some good prices’.

RIP Bronco Brother, wish we’d had a chance to meet and hope your family has found the strength to get through this.