• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

No Hay

Bronco Guru
HA! It looks like a big Mini Cooper Clubman! %)

I would be embarrassed to have my classic associated with that.

Attachments

• 2018_mini_clubman_sideview.jpg
    2018_mini_clubman_sideview.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 41

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Definitely the front end of the baby bronco that they released earlier. Is the shadow a wrangler or are they teasing the actual Bronco? The top and rear look like a wrangler, but the front doesn’t look like a wrangler to me.

It looks like a Wrangler body with a sort-of early Bronco-ish hood profile scabbed on to me.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have been a Ford fan for a long time but I have to be honest I am getting sick of all the cookie cutter SUVs they have been making. They all look the same cant tell a one model from another and they all look the same no matter what the brand!! I am also sick of waiting for the new bronco. It is almost 2019 we should at least have a teaser photo or a rough concept floating around by now, not just a Jeep look alike under a cover photo! That picture posted earlier looks like a Jeep Renegade! come on Ford you have the recipe for a hit all you need to do is make it!

In the past I had say give it time, and I will wait but I am sick of waiting!

SavageBurro

The baby bronco is certainly not for me, but of the three pics shown, the one on the right is not horrible. Looks like jeep renegade cross w explorer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-not-2020-ford-bronco-164100608.html

Maybe this is a bad analogy because broncos are badass and Homer's car was horrific, but...Y'all ever watch the Simpsons episode where Homer is given full control over the design of a vehicle? The company put all their resources into his design.. which was cool in his eyes but not accepted by the rest of the world. His design had all the functionality that Homer wanted but obviously the mass markets didn't want. I fear that I'm too much like Homer. I want the new bronco to be very much like our classic broncos but highly doubt that Ford will build the actual rugged utilitarian capabilities into the new bronco because most of the market doesn't want let alone care for those things.

I guess for now, I can still hope they get it 'right' in my eyes.

Bronco4x4

I have more confidence in the new J--p Scrambler (or Gladiator) that is real close to production.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I want the new bronco to be very much like our classic broncos but highly doubt that Ford will build the actual rugged utilitarian capabilities into the new bronco because most of the market doesn't want let alone care for those things.

I guess for now, I can still hope they get it 'right' in my eyes.

Which is why I would rather have no new Bronco.
To use the name for something which will have no resemblance to a real Bronco is a shame on Ford.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Interesting how the shadow behind the center picture seems to be a silhouette of something else? If this is the baby Bronco then perhaps the shadow is of the full size one?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Looks like a jacked up four door Mini Cooper mates with a Toyota FJ Cruiser

Yuk

Almost guaranteed to be a minivan with hinged doors like the explorer

Unibody four cylinder front wheel drive with no low range is what I’m expecting

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I have more confidence in the new J--p Scrambler (or Gladiator) that is real close to production.

Jeep is really missing the boat by not doing some of the different front ends on the wranglers

It’s just a different hood grille and maybe different genders
Maybe in fiberglass

They could do 7 or 8 different designs with just a different front clip

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
HA! It looks like a big Mini Cooper Clubman! %)

I would be embarrassed to have my classic associated with that.

That was my first thought

Looks like a jacked up clubman mated with a FJ Cruiser

I’m telling ya
It’s gonnna be a minivan with hinged doors like the explorer

With half an engine driving the wrong wheels and no frame

It’s gonna be a four cylinder front wheel drive unibody minivan

Baby’s bronco ?

So they gonna try the Bronco 2 thing again ??
Just to dilute the excitement of the revived bronco name ?
Which bronco you talking about ??
Marketing genius !!

I remember the rebadged pinto called the Mustang 2
Also remember The LTD 2

Neither was successful

If your wanting a sturdy rugged vehicle that is as tough as it looks you better keep the EB you have
Or just buy a FSB or K5 if you need more room inside

I’m going this week to look at a nice 91 K5 Blazer

I’m done with late model vehicles
I want something that’s not entirely made from plastic and complicated as the space shuttle for no apparent reason

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Damn that is going in the wrong direction. I'm hoping that is just some internet troll making stuff up.