• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

jrcflash

I am going to send my cluster to you later this week. I plan to get your $50 refurbishment done plus convert the ammeter to voltmeter. Can you give me an idea what the parts charge is for the voltmeter? I understand there are variables if other work needs to be performed. A ballpark guess is what I need for my planning.

Thank you

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The gauge is about $60 with shipping and I don't charge for the install.

I am going to send my cluster to you later this week. I plan to get your $50 refurbishment done plus convert the ammeter to voltmeter. Can you give me an idea what the parts charge is for the voltmeter? I understand there are variables if other work needs to be performed. A ballpark guess is what I need for my planning.

Thank you

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
25968554454_973f2c2f46_k.jpg

Last edited:

Schenkapotomus

Loc.
Covington, WA
Here is the before and after of Brian K's gauge cluster.

BrianK1.jpg

This one had a stowaway.

BrianK2.jpg

BrianK2-1.jpg

I particularly like the white gauges - is the voltmeter the same shade as the white stickers? Do they illuminate the same? Finally - is there a white voltmeter that "fits" better in the window and doesn't have the logo on it?

Thanks

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
Just got my cluster back from Kevin. Turned out great. I told him I wanted it to look like a Sub Zero Fridge and that is just what I got. Thanks for everything Kevin - Love it!

broncobandit

Kevin, the gauge turned out really good! It is installed and works great, it was nice talking to another Bronco owner. I can't wait for warmer weather so we can get the Utah Bronco meet-and-greet going. P.S. your Bronco is also very cherry!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Odometer

I notice in all the after pics that the mileage reads all zeros. Just curious, is that legal? Or is it on vehicles this old the mileage is not an issue. Just wondering. And by the way, just bought a 66. I am sure I will be sending you the cluster for some spring cleaning.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I notice in all the after pics that the mileage reads all zeros. Just curious, is that legal? Or is it on vehicles this old the mileage is not an issue. Just wondering. And by the way, just bought a 66. I am sure I will be sending you the cluster for some spring cleaning.

Speaking for Florida anything over 100,000 is exempt.

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
In most states you have to sign an odometer statement when you sell a vehicle. It is up to the seller to know the laws in that particular state.