• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Old vs New Foam

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
You may have purchased the premium, some places only carry one. Here is a link if it works, basically the foam is a little more like a memory foam than the more rigid foam.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/Mustang/Interior/Seats/Seat-Foam/?page_no=1&fq=ATR_Year%3a1968

I looked at the box and it’s standard :( but oh well I’m happy with it, just ordered everything from Bronco Hut covers, foam, carpet, hold down kit all as a set. Foam and covers are both from Distinctive Industries

Golfball

Same here. Here are how mine turned out with the TMI Sport foam and upholstery. I added '69 Mustang headrests.

Are those 69 covers? Where did you find the sport covers in white I have only seen black, blue, green etc but not white in a 69 sport cover.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Are those 69 covers? Where did you find the sport covers in white I have only seen black, blue, green etc but not white in a 69 sport cover.

Yes, they are the '69 Mustang Sport pattern. I had TMI custom make them. They aren't white, that is a side effect of it being dark and using the flash on the camera. They are Parchment. TMI will make them in white if you want them to you just have to pay a custom cut fee which I think was only like $75 or something like that.

The '68 and '69 covers are pretty much identical('69 includes headrest covers) but I went with the '69 pattern because parchment was available in '69 and was not in '68. What I ended up having them make was the '69 Sport pattern in the Mustang parchment which is slightly darker than the Bronco parchment but I had them use the correct Sierra grain vinyl and Rosette insert that would have been correct for a '73 Bronco. They weren't cheap but they made exactly what I wanted and they turned out great.

TMI was great to work with. They are expensive to buy from directly but what I did is called them and had them make up a part number for me and then placed the order through one of their authorized vendors. I think I used California Mustang or something like that. Saved about 15-20% over the TMI list price. As another praise, there was a flaw in one of the covers, they remade it and shipped it to me no charge with only a phone call, and an email with a couple of pictures.

The cool thing is once they make something like the ones they made for me the color and cut becomes available as a standard option. After they made mine the Mustang parchment became available for the Bronco covers.

Idahorocks

Loc.
Spring, Texas
Yes, they are the '69 Mustang Sport pattern. I had TMI custom make them. They aren't white, that is a side effect of it being dark and using the flash on the camera. They are Parchment. TMI will make them in white if you want them to you just have to pay a custom cut fee which I think was only like $75 or something like that.

The '68 and '69 covers are pretty much identical('69 includes headrest covers) but I went with the '69 pattern because parchment was available in '69 and was not in '68. What I ended up having them make was the '69 Sport pattern in the Mustang parchment which is slightly darker than the Bronco parchment but I had them use the correct Sierra grain vinyl and Rosette insert that would have been correct for a '73 Bronco. They weren't cheap but they made exactly what I wanted and they turned out great.

TMI was great to work with. They are expensive to buy from directly but what I did is called them and had them make up a part number for me and then placed the order through one of their authorized vendors. I think I used California Mustang or something like that. Saved about 15-20% over the TMI list price. As another praise, there was a flaw in one of the covers, they remade it and shipped it to me no charge with only a phone call, and an email with a couple of pictures.

The cool thing is once they make something like the ones they made for me the color and cut becomes available as a standard option. After they made mine the Mustang parchment became available for the Bronco covers.

Very useful information! I would like to do blue houndstooth covers with the sports foam and 69 head rests up front. I have the TBP flip and fold rear seat that I want to get custom covers to match my the fronts. I should give TMI a call. Bronco Hut, too, since I also need Ranger panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk