• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who's EB is this?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I really just want to know the color.

I've been looking for a blue-green paint for my EB and every time I Google search, this pic is my favorite . It looks a lot like the Peacock Blue roadster that stevew at bigskybroncos did (2nd pic), but all the pics of his roadster are basically on a solid white background of snow. I just wanna know if they are the same color, and I'd rather not scroll through nearly 1400 posts on the "It's Luber Time" thread to find the owner of pic 1, especially since a bunch of pics on that thread are like not available, I'm guessing photo bucket?

...plus I'm quite color blind, thanks -Jeff

Attachments

• BlueGreenEB.jpg
    BlueGreenEB.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 237
  • peacockroadster.jpg
    peacockroadster.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 207

McLeod

Just got mine done in Peacock Blue (66-67-68 Ford Truck code D)
aka:
Pagoda Green (64 Mustang code B)
and
Winter Park Turquoise (67 Mustang)

It is blueish in the sun and greenish on cloudy days

I used Sherwin Williams #99050 single stage urethane - Dimension Pro
100_1135_800x600.jpg

100_1136_800x600.jpg

100_1137_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
The second one looks like a Big Sky Bronco - google it.

Yes I was asking if the Peacock Blue roadster done by stevew (Big Sky) was the same color as the EB in the first pic. I imagine they both look similar in different light.

I skimmed thru J-man's build thread (thanks broncobsession, good memory!) and I'm liking the Reef Aqua. Doesn't look like he's been online in a while though, hopefully he's out enjoying it.

McLeod yes that sure looks blue in the sun, got any pics in the shade? In fact it looks a lot like Arcadian Blue (my rig's original color) when compared to the paint code sheet I have. Thanks for posting pics.

I guess if my body man would hurry up and get it ready for paint I could choose a dang color and call Bronco Hut for seat covers. Until then...

Attachments

• IMG_3267.jpg
    IMG_3267.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 38

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The roadster is mine named peacock after it's color peacock blue!

McLeod

McLeod yes that sure looks blue in the sun, got any pics in the shade? In fact it looks a lot like Arcadian Blue (my rig's original color) when compared to the paint code sheet I have. Thanks for posting

Arcadian Blue looks much closer to white to me.

My Bronco isn't in my possession right now, so I cant get any pics for several more weeks.

Even though I am okay with the color, I kinda wish I had gone a shade darker by going with the Caribbean Turquoise.

Something else I think affects the final paint shade is whether you use a single stage, which may be more similar to original. A bc/cc may have a richer, deeper color and may not look original at all.
I'm not sure about this, but after hours of looking at colors, this seems to be the case.
I found it hard to come up with the color name because of all of the incorrect picture tags and other info added on the internet ie: pinterest etc...

I'd be happy to get you more pictures in a couple weeks if you still haven't made up your mind.
And in case you need a cross reference for this color, my source shows this:

Ford= M1638
Chrysler= DT7694
Ditzler PPG= 12851
Dupont= 4495L, 93-96938
Acme Rodgers= 9359
RM BASF= A1628, E1628, 1628
Martin Senour= 1538
Sherwin Williams= 99050

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?dupont=93-96938&rows=50&syear=1966&smanuf=Ford&smodel=Ford Truck&sname=Peacock Blue

It looks like Code Y Reef Aqua was a 1969 and 1971 only color on Ford trucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
The roadster is mine named peacock after it's color peacock blue!

Nice ride eaglenest!

Arcadian Blue looks much closer to white to me

Dupont= 4495L, 93-96938

I seem to recall a roadster, 66 I believe that was restored to mint condition several months ago in Arcadian Blue and in many of the pics it looked white. EDIT- I believe it was done by Gas Pig, some pics in his gallery but not sure if it's the same one

Did Ford originally use DuPont paint? Judging by the code I would guess so

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Put an Arcadian blue next to a Caribbean turquoise and the blue will really look blue, and turquoise will REALLY look green lol.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Arcadian Blue looks much closer to white to me.

My Bronco isn't in my possession right now, so I cant get any pics for several more weeks.

Even though I am okay with the color, I kinda wish I had gone a shade darker by going with the Caribbean Turquoise.

The Carib Turqu is a popular color...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love my faded (mostly original paint) Peacock Blue. But I gotta admit, every time I see someone's freshly painted Reef Aqua/Carribean Turquoise EB, I gotta stop and drool.

There's a reason this Bronco shows up so prominently on our website: https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/Bronco_Carpet
And it even won our Best LUBR award at the first Roundup a couple of years ago.

Funny how I was very unimpressed with all of those colors back when they were new.
Except Boxwood Green that is. Always my numero uno!

Paul

dmplatt

Contributor
J-man's truck is beautiful. In fact, it is the reason I ended up getting back in the market. I happened to see it in a parking lot one afternoon - bought mine not more than a few weeks later.

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey dmplatt have you heard from him lately?

Thanks Paul all I needed was another color to consider %):

My biggest problem is I'm not a new paint kinda guy, but I gotta pick something, even considering some type of matte/satin. I really like the look of the old faded red EBs

dmplatt

Contributor
No I haven't, I didn't actually ever know him and I haven't seen his truck around since then.

Hey dmplatt have you heard from him lately?

Thanks Paul all I needed was another color to consider %):

My biggest problem is I'm not a new paint kinda guy, but I gotta pick something, even considering some type of matte/satin. I really like the look of the old faded red EBs