• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holman Moody "Bronco Hunter"

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Does anybody have any information about the Bronco named "Bronco Hunter" that was built with Stroppe / Holman Moody?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 874

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Aha! Now I know who Randy was trying to tell me was at Driven yesterday :).

We (meaning Andrew, myself, and maybe others) haven't been able to figure out much on that truck.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Yeah, it was me. I was hoping you would have showed up before I had to leave. That is a very cool Bronco.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Holman Moody "Bronco Hunter"

Is that the only picture you took of it Chad? Come on, don't be a tease! LOL

47e983930432f77dd0391db2b2e74fb5.jpg

Last edited:

Bronco Biff

I bet Lee Holman could help out with some details.

They are still doing business in Charlotte.
Shop Address: Holman Automotive Inc.,
9119 Forsyth Park Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273

http://www.holmanmoody.com/

Need more pics!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I bet Lee Holman could help out with some details.

They are still doing business in Charlotte.
Shop Address: Holman Automotive Inc.,
9119 Forsyth Park Drive, Charlotte, NC 28273

http://www.holmanmoody.com/

Need more pics!!

I reached out to Lee some time ago on it and never received a reply. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Todd Z.

Bronco Biff

Well dang! Was really hoping to see some more info and pictures come from this, too!!

How about Willie Stroppe? Anyone bounce it off him, maybe some insight on the serial #?

Drew?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I asked Willie about it at some point and he didn't have any info on it.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One interesting thing is that I've never seen that tag on any Stroppe Baja BRonco, HMS modified Bronco, Stroppe modified Bronco or even a racer. Seems we would have come across something over the years that matched up. I believe it was done outside of CA.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
One interesting thing is that I've never seen that tag on any Stroppe Baja BRonco, HMS modified Bronco, Stroppe modified Bronco or even a racer. Seems we would have come across something over the years that matched up. I believe it was done outside of CA.

I also find it strange the tag reads "olman" not "Holman" in two places. At first I thought the "H" was rubbed off, but it clearly shows the "H" is missing.

Here us the Marti Report. It shows this was released from Ford as a test vehicle.

Another interesting thing is this is titled as a 68, it was released very late in 68, but has the 69 grill, fender emblems, and 302.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 706
OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
A picture showing the 69 front end

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 567

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
huh. That's really interesting..I hadn't noticed, but I have heard that over the years HM has been super super diligent about cracking down on anyone using their name without permission and kickback. Man, I really hadn't seen that til just now. I know it has a steering wheel and rollbar that are Stroppe. OR HMS. I knew a previous owner back in the 90s and was always under the impression it had Stroppe PS but I've seen it has stock power steering.

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Here is a picture of the steering wheel. Randy told me the PS was a stock 73 setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 278

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I also find it strange the tag reads "olman" not "Holman" in two places. At first I thought the "H" was rubbed off, but it clearly shows the "H" is missing.

Here us the Marti Report. It shows this was released from Ford as a test vehicle.

Another interesting thing is this is titled as a 68, it was released very late in 68, but has the 69 grill, fender emblems, and 302.

The H was red and is faded.

Attachments

• White%20bird%20art.jpg
    White%20bird%20art.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 292