• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone interested in sliding ragtop mass buy

Bucky66

This is stemming from my thread asking if a sliding ragtop would work on our EB's. It is a short thread but a couple people I think showed a true interest.

Check out:

http://www.slidingragtops.com

I got on the phone today and spoke to a fella at the sliding ragtops place. I told asked him a little about an EB application. He said they have done quite a few of the broncos and they have worked out. I didn't go into a lot of detail with him about install and stuff due to having read about it in the web site and watching video on line. I inquired about a mass buy discount. He told me they like to support the hobbyist and could do something for us as far as some sort of discount. They make everything of site so they are able to keep cost down a bit anyway but would be able to maybe work with us a bit more. If there is enough interest I could email him and he could see about putting together prices for some sizes we would like. Of course it all depends on how many of us really want one. Anyone game?

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
That sounds pretty cool.
My concern is getting enough support in the thin top to make everything work smoothly with out flexing.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
My old hard top had a dealer installed sliding ragtop and it was freking awesome! Looking for a photo!

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
no downsides whatsoever!

It was truly awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_3075.jpg
    IMG_3075.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 345

Samsonxd

I am looking at new tops I was looking at the bc broncos soft top would this be sliding rag top idea be better, would it end up being cheaper then the bc bronco top as well and preform better?

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Those are some really nice tops from BC. Not sure how to answer that question but they would be two totally different feels. With the soft top as u you know is awesome in its self to have nothing around you and it also allows a safari feel when the sun is beating down and you still have shade. I love my soft top. I also have a hard top. I want the option of an open feel but not trade out my tops for different seasons. In other words I want my cake and eat it too. It would be a good compromise for me to install one of the larger ragtops and open it when the weather is nice.

On of my thoughts was, what if the ragtop leaks? I have read yes and no to that answer. No it does not and yes it does at highway speeds in a down poor. I'm not sure what that real answer is.

Would it be cheaper to do a ragtop? Well if you and some buds do the install. Truthfully I don't have an idea what someone would charge for the install.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

I don't think the install would be all that hard as long as you measure twice cut once

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
My metal top is bouncing up and down on the metal framing at highway speed, especially behind 18 wheelers. It is so bad I put shims between my top and my roll bar to keep it quiet. Can't imagine how these tops will hold up to this buffeting. Someone would need to enlighten me before I consider it.

Last edited:

GRW

The only problem with Beer & Fish's top is needs to be bigger :D
I can not see a reason the hard top could not have a rib or two put in to stiifen it if needed.
Cost is the biggest question (possible issue).
I am/was looking at getting a soft top for mine once I get it running.

66broncofan

Contributor
I'd really be interested. Needs to be for a full top opening. I would want to be able to chose a color to match or coordinate with my top color - price adjustment I'm sure. I was going to order two of the blue fabric samples.
Total cost is a consideration so I'd be interested in what they could do.

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Emailed them and will let u guys know what they say. Asked them to review any install issues to watch for specific for our EB's

OP
OP
Bucky66

Bucky66

Emailed the ragtop place and waiting to hear back about any issues we would run into

66broncofan

Contributor
Any word on this possible mass buy? Still interested and like the idea more and more.

ren71

I'm interested also depending on price. If getting two smaller ones is cheaper rather than one large one I'm interested in this option also, and you won't have to cut off the stock internal bracing.