• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Universal Fuel Tank Sender - 73-10 ohms?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
OP
OP
pcf_mark

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Can you install / adjust / remove it with the tank assembled? It may be a week or so before I get it and my tank is almost ready for the top to be TIGed on!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's up to how your own individual custom tank is being made.
For 99% of the aftermarket tanks, no you can't do anything with the tank installed. If you are building yours like a stock tank on the other hand, with the sending unit hole facing forward, then yes you can.
But that's usually for the stock style sending unit, which this one ain't.

So unless you have some other fancy way of making the tank, I would have to say you're going to have to either wait until all the parts arrive, or install the tank as a mock-up, then remove it again to install the sender.
This one is generally meant to be installed from the top of the tank. I suppose it could be oriented to fit horizontally, but that might be awkward.

You could always put a hole in your bed for access. Some of us have done that, but most do not mess with the body for this.

Good luck.

Paul

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Can you install / adjust / remove it with the tank assembled? It may be a week or so before I get it and my tank is almost ready for the top to be TIGed on!

Yes, it installs from the outside. This is the template for drilling and mounting it.

It's up to how your own individual custom tank is being made.
For 99% of the aftermarket tanks, no you can't do anything with the tank installed. If you are building yours like a stock tank on the other hand, with the sending unit hole facing forward, then yes you can.
But that's usually for the stock style sending unit, which this one ain't.

So unless you have some other fancy way of making the tank, I would have to say you're going to have to either wait until all the parts arrive, or install the tank as a mock-up, then remove it again to install the sender.
This one is generally meant to be installed from the top of the tank. I suppose it could be oriented to fit horizontally, but that might be awkward.

You could always put a hole in your bed for access. Some of us have done that, but most do not mess with the body for this.

Good luck.

Paul

Paul, I think his question is about installing the sender after the tank is completely welded together, not after it’s installed.

Mark

Attachments

• D3649C3E-1C47-491D-AB08-395F6D048700.jpg
    D3649C3E-1C47-491D-AB08-395F6D048700.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
pcf_mark

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Thank you both! That was my question - could I finish weld the tank and drop the sensor in.

I'm itching to pressure test it to see if it a gas tank or lawn sprinkler!