• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1979 Freewheeling Edition Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonezTheGoon

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Sadly the wife has grown tired of the aggressive suspension and is ready to sell.

Information as per previous owner who we purchased from November 2017:

Freshened 400M (per previous owner)
Weiand aluminum intake manifold
Holley 4bbl carb
K&N filter
Electric radiator fan
Front end:
Deaver coil springs
Bilstein nitrogen shocks
Custom fabricated extended radius arms with urethane "C" bushings and Johnny Joints
Dropped pitman arm
Adjustable track bar
Braided stainless brake lines
Dana 44 with Warn lockout hubs
Rear end:
Ford 9"
Re-arched leaf springs with 2" block
Ruff Stuff shackle flip and shackles
Bilstein reservoir shocks
Braided stainless brake lines
4 Speed transmission and NP205 transfer case
Custom exhaust
Front and rear receiver hitches
On board air
HID headlights, off road lights on prerunner bar, and LED light bar
37x12.50r17 BFG KM2 tires on black steel wheels
Fullsize spare
Runs great and is super fun offroad.

Since that CL post I have done the following:

Replaced the tailgate window channels (inside)
Replaced the tailgate window motor
Replaced the tailgate latch assembly
Replaced the tailgate access panel (was missing, now diamond plate)
Replaced steering stabilizer shock (from LMC)
Fixed short with turn signals replacing front passenger housing and rear driver housing.
Installed pull handles to ease entry to Bronco (oh "crap" handles)

There are some spots on the body rusted through. Specifically a spot through the floorboard on the driver side. There is also rust in the rear passenger side quarter panel.

The front seats are in pretty bad shape. I have brand new, still in the packaging, seat covers that come with the truck. The rear seat is in great shape all things (especially age) considered.

This thing is VERY well tuned and purrs like a beautiful murderously lethal great cat.

As I am now selling this at a loss at $6,000 I am VERY firm.

I can provide as many pictures as are desired. Please let me know if you want any specific pictures. You can also search this site for my previous posts as I have already posted quite a few pictures on the forums.

I could be convinced to travel to meet for sale for very serious offers. If so I would want some amount of money prior to travelling to ensure my time and fuel would not be entirely wasted if the sale did not go through as planned.

Shipping is certainly an option although seems quite tricky to coordinate. It is something I'd be willing to arrange if we can work something sane out that protects both parties.

The vehicle is currently in Albuquerque, NM.

This is the Bronco that was briefly featured on the BarnFinds webpage before I purchased it for my wife in November 2017. You can read that here -- https://barnfinds.com/freewheeling-1979-ford-bronco/

yl0QUAmZTznPFtJZ_3hgxmgOItT5-pVzv1y9cf1VBxElH6R-BRXS9fsWws_RiQirykZTgODv_iJ0Cw9CaqV2MXOVpWtVXty6lRh13ziPoC8IC20N6nbGQsCvvAMxx1fF6g1wRzN15PA=w1178-h884-no

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.