• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Aluminum Heater core

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Wondering if anyone is running the Aluminum Heater Core from WH ? Already running an Aluminum rad. so probably need to run the Aluminum core.

Last edited:

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
The funny thing about aluminum radiators and heater cores is that they WILL crack and leak, just a matter of time. I'd keep the copper heater core simply because of this, they are a PIA to replace especially if you don't want to scratch the paint.

OP
OP
LTL4life

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
I went ahead and ordered a core from JBG as well as a seal kit. I hope their adv. is correct that the core is an exact fit as far as tube length. Its not an aluminum core, hopefully it will last.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I bought my heater core about 15 years ago at Autozone... it started leaking about a month ago. I took it out and they gave me a new on under their lifetime warranty deal...

SO.... Might want to consider that. :)

Same thing with my starter which was older than that... they just gave me a new one no questions asked.

Greg