• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with Firewall Holes

KeithKinPhx

Getting ready to tidy up the firewall. New paint, etc. Want to close up unused holes. We're talking weld up, body filler type of close up. Want to make sure I'm not getting rid of something I might need.

My rig is a 68 LUBR U15. First major restoration.

In picture one there is a strange bracket mounted in the center of the firewall above the transmission. Have no idea what for. May have something to do with the cable to it's right. On my dash I have a switch labeled throttle where you could manually hold the accelerator cable down. A very primitive form of cruise control.

In picture two there are three holes along the driver fender. What are they for? I think top one was for reverse position sensor on manual column, middle was for wire harness to rear of truck (fuel gauge, lights), bottom I have no idea.

Your expertise would be appreciated. Would hate to drill it back open after weld, seal and painting

Attachments

• Firewall 1.jpg
    Firewall 1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Firewall 2.jpg
    Firewall 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The bracket is for the throttle return spring. At least on mine it is. :)

Attachments

• brakebooster-done 002.jpg
    brakebooster-done 002.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 119

Apache Bronco

Loc.
Roosevelt, AZ
On mine it is a rod to the accelerator linkage. I have the same 3 holes with nothing in the bottom hole. Use a plastic hole plug until we figure it out.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
On mine it is a rod to the accelerator linkage.
Yep, I think you're right about that. Here are some other photos of Broncos that are much more stock than mine.

Attachments

• terrymarvel17.jpg
    terrymarvel17.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 126
  • terrymarvel20.jpg
    terrymarvel20.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
K

KeithKinPhx

Thanks guys. Jon you are correct. I vaguely remember removing that contraption back in 1994 when I went with the Edelbrock 4 bl.

Will definitely be filling those holes. Anyone need a bracket? ;)