• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater not working

radman74

Ok I have no power to the switch. Can I just wire a new power wire from battery with a inline 20 amp fuseable link or is this a no no. I tested the switch and it works. I could it be the contacts in the fuse block are to rust to clean. Where does the wire going in to the fuse block come from ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Josh

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, find the fuse for the heater and check for current on both sides of the fuse with a test light. Post back what you find. Good luck

Gwunited2

Hi, find the fuse for the heater and check for current on both sides of the fuse with a test light. Post back what you find. Good luck

This is exactly what I did. You will probably find that the contacts are very rusty and even with the test light you will have to really scrape the rust to get it to light up.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, if the contact clips are corroded I would clean them all with my Dremel and small wire brush attachment. Good luck